GeForce RTX 2080 Overclocking Preview with Scanner @ [H]

Discussion in 'nVidia Flavor' started by Kyle_Bennett, Sep 21, 2018.

1. funkydmunky

funkydmunky 2[H]4U

Is the shy OC just a matter of Nvidia clocking the FE so high to begin with compared to the after market cards?

2. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

I just learned that EVGA's Precision 1 OC Scanner hates AMD Ryzen systems......

DrezKill, pendragon1 and jfreund like this.
  3. Kyle_Bennett

I have a feeling that is some of it. Too easy to clock it higher without much issue and now they have a better cooler with the FE. I finally dialed in a bulletproof overclock a bit ago. 2050MHz actual clock. RAM OC I will hold for a surprise.

Been working on getting bulletproof long term usage OC now for about 8 hours.

DrezKill and pendragon1 like this.
  4. Advil

Advil [H]ard|Gawd

One of the reasons I was kind of happy my first order fell through is that I ended up with a Gigabyte 2080 instead. The one and only teardown review I saw on Guru for that card was awesome. You take out 7 or 8 screws on the back side, the back plate stays on, and bam the whole front of the card just drops off.

So... well... you know... I have some liquid metal left and a lot of clear nail polish from my last 8700k delid. :) Should I?

5. Kyle_Bennett

Hehe, well, all the AIBs were banned from sampling HardOCP cards, so I have not seen but one of those yet and we sourced it out of China...

DrezKill likes this.
  6. im_electronic

im_electronic Limp Gawd

Holding on to hope it'll support my GTX 980 SC

7. xorbe

xorbe [H]ardness Supreme

I actually did read it mostly, but I had to read the article twice more to catch that one short sentence at the end of the paragraph, lol.

8. lostin3d

lostin3d [H]ard|Gawd

So far I've only read about one custom BIOS. I believe it was the MSI Duke/Trio series and it allows something up to around 300 watts vs 250. Also uses 3 connectors to do it.