GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Laptop Specs And Benchmarks?

HardOCP News

[H] News
The folks at Laptop Media claim to have specs and benchmarks for the unannounced mobile GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. If what we see here is to be believed, the mobile version of the GTX 1050 Ti is up to 10% faster than a GTX 970M.

Once again LaptopMedia has the luck to be the first to surprise you with another exciting device – as you probably know, we’re already testing the new (still unreleased and unannounced) mobile NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti for laptops and now it’s time for you to see it in its full glory – today we’ll share our first impressions as well as detailed specifications and benchmarks. We have to admit that we’re pretty impressed by its performance, given the price category we expect it to hit – it should take the position of the 960M/965M notebooks.

Interesting that reportedly it has higher clocks than its desktop counterpart.

Man I hope the 1050Ti mobile gets announced soon. I'm dreaming of a svelte 1080p 14" notebook. Gigabyte has announced some 1060-equipped machines but $1300 is a little more than I want to spend for a secondary PC.

edit: higher clocks than the desktop version can't possibly be right, can it?

It should be faster. A 970M is barely faster than a 960 desktop, and since the specs on the "mobile" 1050ti are exactly the same as the desktop 1050ti but with a higher base clock than the desktop, it had damn well better be faster.

Edit: the real coup here is that for the first time in...hell, ever maybe, an actual full desktop part may be viable as a laptop part.

As someone with a 970m laptop that really doesn't get used as often anymore thanks to 1070 desktop... this is still cool to me. All about the advancement of GPU's :)

That being said, when I get bored at work I do fire up some singleplayer BF1, and it looks gorgeous even on the lower res 1080p. (1440p at home on 1070)

That being said, I still think my 970m in my Ghost Pro 60 will last me quite a few more years since gaming on mobile is not a priority to me.

I don't know how they'll price this. The low end of the laptops with the mobile 1060s is ~$1200. I can't see laptops with these - at least initially - going for less than ~$1099. We might see 965M and 970M laptops on closeout for ~$849-999, though. There's already been an 980M on closeout for ~$1300.

The mention of a ~60W TDP is interesting, too.

Last edited:
It should be faster. A 970M is barely faster than a 960 desktop, and since the specs on the "mobile" 1050ti are exactly the same as the desktop 1050ti but with a higher base clock than the desktop, it had damn well better be faster.

Edit: the real coup here is that for the first time in...hell, ever maybe, an actual full desktop part may be viable as a laptop part.

The 1080, 1070 and 1060 already did this.

Not quite to the same extent but yes the 980 did it too.

This sounds promising. I'd love to see an Asus Zenbook, packing a 1050Ti, 6700HQ, 1TB Samsung 960 Pro (or Evo) NVMe, and it's 96Wh battery, driving the 15.6" 4k screen.

Hmm....

Back