• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GeForce card for SolidWorks 2012

UncleDavid218

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 16, 2006
Messages
2,734
All,

I remember some years back people were flashing the firmware on their cheap GeForce cards to mimic the performance Quadro cards that cost many times more.

Right now I run IT in a shop that has a staff of about 15 engineers. The standard machine config I have calls for a Quadro 4000. Right now, that card is about $700 at the cheapest.

Although it doesn't necessarily break the bank, saving money is never a bad thing. Can the new GeForce cards be run in place of a Quadro? I'm finding mix results online.

Thanks,

David
 
^^^ Not sure about the current lineup but I'd done that a few times years back when I was in IT and the results were always a mixed bag. Even when successful many times the flashed cards still don't perform quite as well as the real deal Quadro. I decided doing so was simply not cost effective as supporting the reflashed cards if they later had issues was not worth the tradeoff in any $$$ saved in up front hardware costs.

Many of the smaller shops I supported had guys with home systems I did it for with the up front agreement that I was not going to be available to support the card if they had issues later were the flash successful.

GL. ;)
 
It's worth every penny for maximum certified compatibility.

I can't stress that enough.
 
I figured as much and is the reason I've stuck with the Quadro stuff. I just didn't know if there was a big secret out there that I hadn't been told. No way am I dealing with driver issues or stability problems. We'll be sticking with the 4000's even if they're a tad overkill for what we do :)
 
Back
Top