Geforce 6800GT power requirements.....

dajet24

2[H]4U
Ok running amy GT 6800 overclocked to ulta speed just curious if its ok running my system on a 420W Powmax powersupply... so far things seem to run smooth and my benchmrk scores are among the best i have seen for my rig setup.. just curious any longterm or possible problems during games and being low on power.. box suggests atleast 480 w supply.

anyone else running a AMD 64 and a gefroce 6800 GT with a 420w power supply or less ?

I think the "480 watt" power requirement is just a blanket statement to cover the lowest common denomenator. For example my friend runs a 400 watt powersupply that came with his aspire turbo case, that thing is light and the sheet metal looks cheap, I wouldnt trust that with my gt(coming tommorow), but I'm sure that my spare 350 watt antec smartblue could handle it(And for sure my noisetaker with dedicated +12 volt rail for gpu will make it happy)

dajet24 said:
Ok running amy GT 6800 overclocked to ulta speed just curious if its ok running my system on a 420W Powmax powersupply... so far things seem to run smooth and my benchmrk scores are among the best i have seen for my rig setup.. just curious any longterm or possible problems during games and being low on power.. box suggests atleast 480 w supply.

anyone else running a AMD 64 and a gefroce 6800 GT with a 420w power supply or less ?

420w is more than enough, you are fine.

Back