• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GeForce 6800

iRoNeTiK

Vodka Martinis are for the Weak
Joined
Aug 4, 2003
Messages
1,417
I was thinking about getting a 6600gt 256mb PCI-E for 194 but then I see for 199 AR 6800 256mb (and 256 bit memory bus! compared to the 128 bit of 6600) But i see it only comes in DDR NOT GDDR3 but I found a few that claim they have GDDR3. Here we go..

eVGA 256-P2-N383-BX Geforce 6800 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814130236

eVGA 256-P2-N383-TX Geforce 6800 256MB 256-bit DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130231


Same Price but one with GDDR3, can anyone confirm this please? Thank You I couldnt find it on eVGA's website only the DDR one.
 
Seems the only difference is the memory type and that the GDDR3 one is OEM. I'd go for the GDDR3 one.

Also, a google search of the model numbers shows that it is GDDR3.
 
Yeah i googled the exact model # and just came up with newegg.com link to it and some other bs. But yeah thanks. I will ill go with that one. mwave.com, monarch and zip only have the TX model, the DDR one.
 
Back
Top