• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Geforce 6800 PCI-E?

Stonejaw

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 15, 2003
Messages
95
I am going to be buying a whole new system here as soon as LGA775 boards and processors are out but those motherboards only have PCI-E slots so I was wondering if the 6800ultra PCI-E's will be out at the same time or if any PCI-E card will be out at the same time as this would probably be very important to do as no one would buy a motherboard where they cant use any video cards on. Anyone know if they will release at the same time? Thanks
 
I would expect PCI-E video cards to start being available at retail stores (as in, INSTOCK, not preorder) 6 months from now.
 
I have seen it written several places that both NV and ATi will provide pci-e gpu's very soon after the hardware is available to support them. Basically the products are finished, but there is very little point to releasing a product that cannot be used on any of the existing mobos.

I also hope this happens before the end of this year, when I build my new rig ;)
 
Back
Top