Geforce 6600gt in barebonesystem

Jimbo

n00b
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
11
Hey everybody

I'm buying a new computer next month and my parents are getting some of the parts from my current system for a new computer.

The stuff my parents are getting:
Pentium 4 2,4B Northwood
2*512 MB PC2700 CL3 RAM
120GB WD1200JB

I'm putting this into a Aopen XCube EZ65-II, since they want a SFF.

I want to be able to play all the new games on their system when I come home once in a while. Therefore I was thinking of putting a Geforce 6600gt (agp) in there.
In that regard I have a couple of questions:

1) Does any of you who have this barebone or similar barebones for AOpen?
What do you think of it? Stability, noise etc.

2) Will a Geforce 6600gt fit in the mentioned barebone and is the default PSU sufficient for this kind of videocard?

Best regards
John
 
I don't know about the PSU, but the noise (for me) is unbearable with my PNY GT. I fix that by wearing headphones a lot.
 
How about other brands?

I remember once I owned a Ti4200, think it was MSI, which was very quiet. And I have since purchased a second Ti4200 (Palit Daytona) and the difference in noise is like night and day. Maybe I've just been unlucky, but I for one am never buying Palit again.

The most important thing i want to know is if a 6600gt fits in the AOpen EZ65-II
 
Back
Top