• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GeForce 4600TI needs new fan

Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
4
I have a Shuttle box for travel gaming - but my GeForce4600 TI fan is making all kinds of noise - anyone suggest a good QUIET replacement fan and where i can find it?

Ive been looking around the net for one this mornign and cant seem to find any.

Thanks!

cyber
 
I like the zalaman heatsink (no fan) cooling solutions - but I do believe there is 0 chance of it fitting in my compact ShuttleBOx - anyone gotten that to work out?

I think any graphics card which takes up more than its own AGP slot worth of space isnt going to work in this little box.

That thermaltake would work out - is it the quietest fan i can find? I hate these loud ass fans - all i want are some quiet ones.

-cyber
 
Dreaz said:
thermaltake G4 or something like that
I had one, and it was quite good. The copper was thick, and it wasnt too loud IMO. The Vantec Iceberq4 is good too, but is loud.
 
i put the vantec Iceberq 4 on a TI4600, and it is pretty quiet and very nice looking. The heatsink is definitely more impressive when you hold it than when you see it online.

getting the TI4600's heatsink off could be a pain tho. I had the BFG TI4600, i had to freeze it for 45 min (in the freezer wrapped in plastic) AND use 30lb test fishing line to force it off of the GPU, then scrape off the absolutely ROCK HARD thermal adhesive residue left over.
took me well over an hour altogether.
 
My brother and I used a heatgun to remove the stock heatink on his Radeon 9700 Pro to put a VGA Silencer on it. Once we got it up to 130-140 degrees, it twisted right off with minimal effort. A blow dryer would probably work. Just wear gloves when you go to remove heatsink as it will be hot. I would go with the Thermaltake A1349 GeForce 4 VGA Chipset Cooler. Can be found here
http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/chipset/a1394.htm
You can get them here without RAM heatsinks
http://www.ajump.com/ajump/product.asp?dept_id=3825&pf_id=2540040&sku=99-99-99-99-99-2540040
And with RAM heatsinks
http://www.ajump.com/ajump/product.asp?dept_id=3825&pf_id=6740040&sku=99-99-99-99-99-6740040

Thermaltake claims 29 db of noise. I'll leave it up to you to decide what you want to do.

Happy hunting
 
I have a an artic colling vga silencer for the g4ti cards, i cant use it though cause my card doenst have the 4 mounting holes, if yours does it would be a nice quiet replacement . id sell it cheap.
 
Back
Top