GeForce 442.37 hotfix driver

erek

[H]F Junkie
Hmm, wasn't expecting this driver release.

"GeForce Hotfix display driver version 442.37 is based on our latest GRD 442.19. This Hotfix driver resolves the following issues:

• [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Vulkan]: Game may display flicker when in game HDR is enabled
  • [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan]: Random crash during gameplay on Pascal and older GPUs
  • [Battleye][Low-Latency Mode]: Launching Battleye with NVIDIA Low Latency Mode set to Ultra may cause DWM to reset
  • Twitch Studio shows corruption when Image Sharpening is enabled globally from the NVIDIA Control Panel
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed crashes when playing in a water level"

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-442-37-hotfix-driver-download.html

Last edited:
Was checking to see if this showed up on GeForce Experience, but it now requires a login. So ... I uninstalled GeForce Experience. I will not create an account with nVidia just to download drivers.

nVidia - I bought your product. I do not want to enter into a relationship with you.

Was checking to see if this showed up on GeForce Experience, but it now requires a login. So ... I uninstalled GeForce Experience. I will not create an account with nVidia just to download drivers.

nVidia - I bought your product. I do not want to enter into a relationship with you.
GeForce Experience has required a login since at least 2017. Odd that you would complain about it now in an optional piece of software. Anyway, hotfix drivers are only ever available through the NVIDIA support website.

GeForce Experience has required a login since at least 2017. Odd that you would complain about it now in an optional piece of software. Anyway, hotfix drivers are only ever available through the NVIDIA support website.

In general, I don't download drivers linked from third party websites, I don't update drivers using any third party system scanners, and I don't like having unnecessary software running on my computer. I had stopped using GeForce Experience when the updates kept setting it to run at startup. But I have been playing Red Dead Redemption, and it's been closing out on me. I thought I was up to date, and I didn't know there was a hotfix, and I was curious if I would have gotten a notification of the hotfix through GeForce Experience. It's the scientific method - hypothesize, then experiment.

So I reinstalled GeForce Experience. And now it requires a login, and since I know that GeForce Experience ran fine without a login for years, I don't think a login is necessary. And since the login can be completed with a Google login, which means that I would relinquish information to both nVidia and Google, I believe the login has a for-profit, information-skimming purpose. And so I uninstalled GeForce Experience.

It's also odd that you would think there's something odd about that. But I still lubbz0r you.

Back