• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Geforce 4 420/440 go?

Nirad9er

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Messages
3,035
There is a good deal at Office Depot on a compaq R3000Z laptop for 599 after rebate. It comes with either a Geforce 4 420/440 go (32/64mb dedicated) and I'd upgrade the memory from 256 to 512 and add a burner. Im not sure which one it has cause I haven't been up there yet to check it out. Are these decent graphics for a laptop and will it run some of the modern games. Not Doom 3 / Farcry, but pretty much everything else? Oh yea, and how do they compare to a fx5200 go? Thanks
 
I had an older Toshiba laptop with 440 GO and it played things like Return To Castle Wolf pretty darn well:)
 
MX2times said:
I had an older Toshiba laptop with MX 440 GO and it played things like Return To Castle Wolf pretty darn well:)
Yeah, my old Dell Inspiron 8200 had the GF4 440Go and it played a lot of games OK. Mine overclocked to GF4 460 Go speeds.

The difference between the 420 Go and 440 Go is that the 420 Go has a lower core speed and only 64-bit memory. The 440 Go has a higher core speed and 128-bit memory. Details here: http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce4go.html (... I currently have a GF4 4200 Go @ 235/480 in my Inspiron 8500 :D it rocks)
 
Back
Top