Gears on the PC

I have it on my 360 and I'm afraid to say, never saw past the middle of Act 2. I look at the box now and then but can't say it's grabbed me my the balls to keep playing it tbh.

And I'm willing to bet those same balls that it will be Windows Live and Vista only too!
 
I never played on the console, so these are good news. Want to see if the hype is well founded around this game. But when I hear "Console to PC port", it usually means it's going to be crap. Hopefully this will be an exception.
 
They don't have to spend a lot of effort on the port because Unreal Engine III was designed with both consoles and the PC in mind.

Right...That's why Rainbow Six Vegas for the PC, was such an amazing port.
 
Come on now, gotta admit the gameplay is awesome.
Some of it yes, but the fact is you are an oversized character (as are all characters in the game) doing all knds of acrobatics like barrel rolls, jumping over obstacles, and popping in and out of cover which really does not mesh. It is actually comical to see other big NPCs doing the same thing. Big circle for crosshairs as well. All adds up to " clunky and arcade like", but it does have its moments. Again just does not live up to all the hype which made me buy the game. As far as graphics, does not compare to Stalker, Oblivion, or FEAR, but it is some of the best I have seen on console.
 
Right...That's why Rainbow Six Vegas for the PC, was such an amazing port.

I loved R6 on the PC, but I have to admit that its PC conversion was a bit sloppy in places. Still, its a much better port than this Halo and Halo 2 crap.

I was looking forward to finally getting to play Gears on PC, but I think people are right when they say that MS will push this as a Vista-only title. Lame. I hear that people have been working on getting these Vista-only titles to run on XP. How is that coming? Didn't they get Shadowrun to work on XP in a matter of days?
 
I loved R6 on the PC, but I have to admit that its PC conversion was a bit sloppy in places. Still, its a much better port than this Halo and Halo 2 crap.

I was looking forward to finally getting to play Gears on PC, but I think people are right when they say that MS will push this as a Vista-only title. Lame. I hear that people have been working on getting these Vista-only titles to run on XP. How is that coming? Didn't they get Shadowrun to work on XP in a matter of days?

A bit sloppy ? It ran poorly, even on a powerful machine.
 
It ran pretty well for me, but I have a powerful machine and I was playing on my CRT at 1280x960, so... point taken.
 
If I didn't already beat the game on my friend's 360, I would buy this. Great game. Co-op is very well done.
 
Come on now, gotta admit the gameplay is awesome.

Some of it yes, but the fact is you are an oversized character (as are all characters in the game) doing all knds of acrobatics like barrel rolls, jumping over obstacles, and popping in and out of cover which really does not mesh. It is actually comical to see other big NPCs doing the same thing. Big circle for crosshairs as well. All adds up to " clunky and arcade like", but it does have its moments. Again just does not live up to all the hype which made me buy the game. As far as graphics, does not compare to Stalker, Oblivion, or FEAR, but it is some of the best I have seen on console.

i totally disagree. especially in the graphics department. this game has the best graphics in any game i've ever played. maybe you had a shitty HDTV, didnt hook it up right, etc...

you think gears was clunky but not oblivion or fear? doesnt make any sense. imo, gears is like butter. the controls just work.
 
Played it through with a friend coop on his 360 and it was...meh...

It was good enough to keep me playing it all the way through in one sitting, and there was some cool ideas, but my 22" widescreen wasn't large enough for decent coop gameplay because of the sized windows we got each.

I can't see anyone caring about this game on the PC when UT3 is launched, Epic have already said that UT3 will make Gears of War look rubbish in comparison, I have a tendancy to believe what the guys from Epic say.
 
Right...That's why Rainbow Six Vegas for the PC, was such an amazing port.

That's wasn't done by epic. Epic will have a good bit of experience working with the engine on both the Xbox and the PC by now.
 
Back
Top