Gears of War - Trouble connecting on LAN

Flybye

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

I'm trying to do a co-op game at home between 2 PCs, but I am getting the following message by either computer that tries to connect to the host:
"Your connection to the host has been lost."

I setup computer A as host, and computer B gives the error. I setup computer B as host and same error is coming from computer A.

Is there a fix to this?
GoW has NO problem in seeing the host computer at all in the games list. Connecting to it is a totally different matter.

I was thinking of raising the connection time in the .ini, but why would that even matter if both machines should be connecting immediately since they are on the same LAN.

Yep. Took them off on both. I thought about the firewall in the router, but I can't forward ports to both machines at the same time.

Are you using 2 different copies of the game or trying to use the same cd-key?

2 completely different CD keys. Both copies were purchased brand new and unopened.

Demon10000, I had considered the firewall in the router just in case Windows Live was required for it to allow the games to connect, but I guess if that were the case, then they probably wouldn't see each other in the LAN list.

Back