Gears of War [No input signal]

pcgeek86

Limp Gawd
So, I just got done installing Gears of War on Vista Business Edition, and once it starts up, I get no video signal to my display. I found, and edited, a config file and forced the native resolution of my display, however that did not resolve the issue.

Here is my configuration:
  • AMD Athlon X2 4800+
  • 2GB DDR dual-channel RAM
  • XFX 8800GTX
  • Westinghouse TX-42F430S (native resolution is 1920x1080)
  • Windows Vista Business Edition

No real loss. GOW looks and feels to me like a console port, and that's usually not a good thing! Haven't played much yet, so hopefully it gets better or I get used to it. Just doesn't have that nice FPS feel to it somehow. Mostly control scheme I guess.

Well, to me, the green is easier to read on top of the dark colors than white, so I was trying to help out.

Clowning: No, nothing is overclocked. Stock system. All other games/apps work fine, including the Crysis demo

Zinn: That truly is hard to read, however which drivers are you referring to? My GPU drivers? Then yes, my nForce 4 Ultra (ECS KN1 Extreme) drivers? Yes.

Rustynuts: Thanks for the input. If it feels like a console port, then it probably is shit. Oh well, thought I'd give it a try.

Also, it should be noted that I can hear audio of the intro video playing in the background, I just can't see anything.

Sounds like the game is changing your monitor's refresh rate.

Yup that's probably it. I know cuz I use the custom res/refresh myself and some games will completely spaz out if you have something changed from default settings.

Back