Gears Of War 4's PC-Exclusive Features Detailed

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Gears of War 4, which will be cross-playable between Windows 10 and Xbox One, is intended to be a “highly optimized, customizable” experience on the PC that will include unlocked framerate support on day one, 4K textures, and more. Sadly, it is still a Windows Store exclusive.

Rayner also listed "a few items of note" the team are adding to the PC version. In his own words: Dynamic resolution support (any resolution will be supported with a sensible dynamic field of view - including ultra-wide). Increased texture resolution (up to 4K resolution for select texture groups). A benchmark mode. Full keyboard/mouse input remapping (including cover/run and roll split). Far more comprehensive video settings. "Today we sit at 28 different settings and we're thinking of ways to add more for people to really have full control," Rayner tells us. "Along with more settings, we're putting extra time into making it clear what impact a setting will have on GPU/CPU/VRAM so there is a clear correlation between a setting change and its performance impact."

Does this have Nvidia GameBreaks technology? I need more nightmare fuel.

assassinscreedunityglitches6.jpg

Gameplay is not completely tragic but the fucking intro is like nails on a pan... so. fucking. tedious..

So it's not for pc but for the windows store. Sorry MS but you'll not succeed in turning the PC into just another console.

Hopefully the PC graphics look better. Besides the cringe gameplay, the graphics looks terrible. Looked like a 360 title imo.

Hopefully the PC graphics look better. Besides the cringe gameplay, the graphics looks terrible. Looked like a 360 title imo.
You think ms is going to make it look better than their console? Nothings more powerful than the xbox one...

You think ms is going to make it look better than their console? Nothings more powerful than the xbox one...
That's what scares me. At least bloat the download with 20gb of Dlc content like Titanfall and let us think we are getting HD textures.

Windows 10-only store exclusive UWP wrappered garbage = I wouldn't even bother if it was free.

"Support for v-sync tearing..."

Sad that this has to be said. I can't believe that when DX12 was being developed that developers thought discarding frames over 60 would be a good idea.

Universal Windows Platform continues its attempt to spread like the parasite known as The Flood...

I would most likely buy it if I played games all that much anymore. I have not even finished the Gears of War: Ultimate Edition nor Quantum Break.

Universal Windows Platform continues its attempt to spread like the parasite known as The Flood...

I would most likely buy it if I played games all that much anymore. I have not even finished the Gears of War: Ultimate Edition nor Quantum Break. Also, the flood of parasite is known as Steam, last time I looked. Have not bought a game from them in at least a year or more.

I would most likely buy it if I played games all that much anymore. I have not even finished the Gears of War: Ultimate Edition nor Quantum Break.

Yeah, I play a lot of games but hardly finish but probably will finish QB, it's actually pretty fun. It's always interesting to see all of the politics behind games. I'll definitely pick up GoW 4. As long as it's fun and plays well I really don't give a flip about the distribution system, like most people. But I guess those that don't like Windows 10 want the Store to fail, I guess assuming that Microsoft will just drop it and just go back to Win32 or at least allow anyone to distribute UWAs. Not entirely sure what these folks want. Every other major platform has a curated store, not sure why Windows shouldn't have one as well.

Back