Gateway WS Gaming Question

g1xx3r

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 30, 2005
Messages
5,501
I just installed the demo for Shadow Grounds(cool game)..1680x1050 wasnt available so I chose 1600x1200..While gaming I checked the info on my monitor(Gateway FPD2185w in case you dont read my sig :p )and it shows 1680x1050..It only"converts" at the 16x12 res..Anything else I get the resolution warning..What gives??Im glad it happens but I wanna understand the science behind it.This happened in POP: TTT also but I thought it was because of a hack I tried.Thanx
 
You can remove the resolution warning, its in the advanced menu on the monitor I think. It's more of an annoyance than anything else.
 
prototype_sx said:
You can remove the resolution warning, its in the advanced menu on the monitor I think. It's more of an annoyance than anything else.

I know that..Im looking for the reason for the conversion to my native rez when 16x12 is selected.
 
g1xx3r said:
I know that..Im looking for the reason for the conversion to my native rez when 16x12 is selected.


Not sure what you mean, but the display can "scale" a smaller resolution and fill the screen, or it can leave the res alone and display the image with black bars around it...or you can have the scaling controlled by the video adapter as well...
 
TheRapture said:
Not sure what you mean, but the display can "scale" a smaller resolution and fill the screen, or it can leave the res alone and display the image with black bars around it...or you can have the scaling controlled by the video adapter as well...

No black bars or squished picture..Its as if I selected 1680x1050 in the game.It only works that way when selecting 1600x1200 in the game,the monitor shows the rez as 1680x1050.
 
thats because it automaticaly goes to the next supported res, 1680x1050 in your case. it will never do 1600x1200, its not possible.
 
LawGiver said:
thats because it automaticaly goes to the next supported res, 1680x1050 in your case. it will never do 1600x1200, its not possible.
So basically it can take a higher rez and downconvert without loss of quality?If I select a lower rez(1280x1024)thats what the monitor shows so I guess at that rez its interpolated.I think Ive got it..Someone correct me if Im wrong..
 
Back
Top