Gateway M685 Laptop 17" 2.16ghz Core 2 Duo GeForce 7900 Go 256MB 4GB 100GB 7200RPM

y0shi

Limp Gawd
I'm getting rid of my laptop, the Gateway M685. It was a good gaming laptop until I overclocked the graphics core too much. Now sometimes it plays games just fine, sometimes after half an hour the games will display a bunch of triangles across the screen and it will be unplayable. Windows usage is unaffected however. I've tried underclocking the GPU with some success but ultimately if gaming is important to you, you should pass on this deal.

In addition I believe the DC power board is bad because the laptop turns off when you unplug it from power. The battery hasn't been charged in so long it's at 0% capacity. However, I believe the problem is with the charging board and the battery should be fine. All that said, I'm prepared to sell it at a steal to make up for its shortcomings. It would be a great 2nd machine or for a room without a computer that just needs something to get on the internet and do CPU intensive tasks. The screen is large and bright and it works in Windows just fine. You just have to keep it plugged in and not play 3d games on it.

Looking for $150 plus shipping. The only trades I'm looking for ATM are SSDs. Maybe we could work something out where I add extra cash if its a nice SSD but looking for an SSD of equivalent value, something in the 100GB range.

Specs:
Gateway M685
Intel Core 2 Duo T7400 @ 2.16GHz
17" 1920x1200 LCD
4GB DDR2 PC-5300 RAM
nVidia Geforce Go 7900 w/ 256MB RAM
100GB 7200rpm SATA HD
DVD-RW Drive
Intergrated Memory stick reader
Full keyboard w/ Number pad
12-cell Lion Battery
Gigabit Ethernet and Intergrated Modem
USB 2 & Firewire 400
Windows 7 Ultimate Not Genuine
Thickness from 1-3/8" to 1-1/8"

I looked at your list and don't see anything I'd want. And that was the easiest way I knew of how to let people know the Windows wasn't genuine lol.

Back