Gateway Laptop $299

Make sure to get a mfg. date of 9/07 or later to get the dvd burner in it.

You might be disappointed if you don't.......;)

hey, I just bought this laptop; however, it wasn't 299.. it was 349. How does one price-match to get it at the 299 price!? Even online it says it's 349

hey, I just bought this laptop; however, it wasn't 299.. it was 349. How does one price-match to get it at the 299 price!? Even online it says it's 349

Ads were regional. New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Virigina had it for $299, almost everywhere else $349. Pretty shady way to do things but within their rights....

If it had XP home the deal would be hot, however, having used vista and the celeron m, if you decide to buy this plan on getting more memory. Overall this is a great deal though, where else can you get a new laptop for 300 bucks
I'm thinking of getting one for my wife, and tossing my old copy of XP Pro on there. Would save the 512MB (which I'd upgrade eventually, I'm sure). We have 5 computers in the house right jnhow, and she already thinks I have a sickness.... :D

-bZj

There's wasn't much of an argument when I tried doing price-matching. I had the ad-scan printed out along with a NY zip code so that they could enter it in the computer :D. Only real problem was... I wanted one with a DVD burner; however, they had none. Only ones with the DVD player/CD Burner. I was a little disappointed in that; however, still pretty awesome. Time to post this sucker on ebay...

even if i get 50 bucks more then what i paid for it.. it'd be a plus. that and i could alway sell it to someone at work. or... even return it for a full refund within the 14 days of purchase. muhahahaha... i have options.

FW and SD mention that these prices are regional. Here in So. Cali, the ML6230 and ML6720 are $299 and $449 respectively.

I got my sister to buy the ML6720 for school on Saturday, paying the full price, $599.
Today, we went back and she got a price match to the sale price of $449. :)

I also got a Kensington Bluetooth USB dongle for $18. BB has it on sale for $32.99 and I pricematched the nearby CC which was selling it for $19.99.

there was a bunch (7 not bought) at my best buy. I didn't buy a second one because I just had to buy those damn cds.

The laptops with celerons and 512mb ram generally run like crap even after you uninstall all of the extras that they come with. HOWEVER, I have seen an Acer with the same specs that was restored with a straight copy of Vista basic and it actually ran pretty well, to my surprise.

They are painful to use, otherwise.

for all the idiots saying celeron M's are crap... zip it. celeron desktop cpu's of the past and celeron Mobiles are completely different. someone already said they are pretty much the same architecture as the pentium M minus 1mb of cache. i had one, it was a good little cpu. its going to run like crap though until more ram and vista are added/removed. id format with the quickness if i got this laptop.

I was the 3 in line @ Bestbuy today. I had option to choose Celeron or Dual Core. I went with Dual Core. $457 WITH TAX. :D

I was just going to buy one for a project I'm going to be working on. Had no intent of keeping windows on it. Oh well, I guess I'll hope for another sale some time... :(

Back