Gateway FX CPU Upgrade

xenph_xenos

Limp Gawd
I'm about to buy a t9300 for my new gateway fx that i bought from bb. How much of a performance boost will i see in gaming? Also, which Artic Silver thermal paste should I get for the cpu?

There probably won't be a massive difference in gaming performance since that's mostly GPU-limited, although other CPU-intensive tasks should show a very nice improvement. It's still definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

Yeah, it's perfectly safe as long as you make sure to get all the paste on the die and not get any on the electronics.

AS5 is actually slightly capacitive, not conductive. However, that property still makes it capable of damaging electronic components in certain cases.

I just ordered a T9300 for my FX. Looking forward to getting that in. Arctic Ceramic performs almost as well as Silver but wont damage your hardware if you screw up.

i just got a t9300, now i just gotta figure what method of applying the thermal grease... dab or thin layer with a razer. Recommendations?

Treat it like any other exposed die. Slight amount and spread it across the die evenly.

Back