Gateway FPD2185W... Should I get it?

nsx280ps

n00b
Im new to [H] here, and was reading through the thread about this monitor

Should I take the plunge and get it? The only thing thats holding me back is the DVI problems people are having. Has anyone used DVI with it for a few months with no problems?

The only alternative seems to be Dell, as I want 1680x1050 and a stand that also rotates. But Gateway has the advantage of the HDCP support. With no HDCP its useless for Vista regarding HD content correct?

My question is should I hold out for Dell or just get the Gateway now? Im just concerned because the Samsung 172T w/DVI im using now has last me almost 4 years with no problems and its still good as new..

Thanks

AMD 64 3000+
MSI Neo FI2SR
512 x 2 DDR3200
ATi 9800XT 256mb

I used it for about 2 month now and the dvi works well. There are are few instances where I had some problem with no signal when I carried the monitor to my dorm and back home, but it is always fixed with one or two reboot or unplug and replug the connections.

I've only had mine for a little over a week now, DVI works flawlessy... Why didnt you post in that thread?

Also, how is gateway with warranty?

If it fails after 14 days and I cannot return it do they send you a replacement and a return shipping box?

Thanks

Back