Gateway FPD2185W Issue With Component In Brightness

charlesk11

n00b
I brought over a friends same monitor; the gateway 2185w and it does not suffer from the darkness issue with the component input. It was made actually earlier than mine; july 05 compared to oct 05.

Anyone find out how to fix this. I've move contrast/brightness all the way up and no luck.

GATEWAY FPD2185W ISSUE WITH COMPONENT IN BRIGHTNESS

Please do not SHOUT in thread titles.

(9) No SHOUTING (Posting in all capital letters) It’s hard to read and just plain rude and annoying.

I brought over a friends same monitor; the gateway 2185w and it does not suffer from the darkness issue with the component input. It was made actually earlier than mine; july 05 compared to oct 05.

Anyone find out how to fix this. I've move contrast/brightness all the way up and no luck.

It may not be able to fix. I have well... 2 x SGI 19" CRT and they are exactly the same model. They to suffer from the same problem. 1 of them seems to be brighter than the other despite turning the brightness/contrast all the way up.

There is no fix. I had an early Gateway 21 that I just upgraded to a Gateway 24, loved the 21 but the component was too dark. Tried different cables and all sorts of settings, they are just too dark.

I wonder if a tech could just turn a knob inside.....like a gain button.

A "knob inside"?:p I highly doubt that but if you can figure out how to access the service menu there might be something you can adjust in there..

Back