• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gateway FHD 2401

X-ray Doc

n00b
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
51
I was pretty much all set to buy the Gateway FHD 2400, but now it doesn't seem to be available anywhere. I even tried calling several Gateway numbers and no one even knows if it has been discontinued or not. I know it had some back light bleeding problems, but I loved the height adjustable metal stand, 1:1 pixel mapping and the multiple input options.

Now, Gateway is selling the much less featured FHD 2401 for a very similar price. It has fewer inputs, no height adjustment and doesn't rotate into portrait mode. Does anyone know if Gateway improved on anything? Is the back light bleeding problem perhaps finally fixed? Does it use a newer generation TN panel? So far all I see is a tremendous loss of features and a price that is only $10 less than what the FHD 2400 sold for.
 
I knew about the refurbished one. I don't think you can find a new one. But I'm really interested in learning if anything was actually improved on the FHD 2401. So far I'm skeptical.
 
I bought the FHD 2401 yesterday at CC (tax free).

It is taking time getting the color settings the way I am happy with. BUT... I think it is fantastic. I have not noticed any color bleed, either at boot up (black screen), windows background (dark) or after being on for over an hour... it APPEARS that they may have fixed that issue.
 
Those two links are for the exact same monitor model. One is listed as "Open Box" Refurbished and the other just Refurbished. I don't think it makes any difference between the two. Both of them have been opened and then returned by an unsatisfied customer. Whether or not any actual "refurbishing" took place is completely unknown. They could have been returned for many different subjective reasons that don't necessary mean there was a fixable broken part.

Now the FHD2401 is a new model. But like my original post stated, I can only find less features compared to last year's FHD2400. The new stand is plastic instead of metal. There is no height adjustment or rotation into portrait mode. There are fewer input options. It still uses a TN panel. The price is still very similar despite the fewer features. Does anyone know if Gateway improved anything or did they just try to cut production costs?
 
Back
Top