• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gateway Cancelled The X800 Xt

dwayne001

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 9, 2003
Messages
468
Since June 13 or whatever, I've been waiting patiently for my Gateway order ot the ATi Radeon X800 XT. I've read the comments on this forum, I've heard people talk about this on the subway--and one of my firneds just recently cancelled his Gateway order becauseh the wait was simply to long. I was content to look around for another such card in stock, but wait patiently for it, and that's what I did--always knowing that while my card would likely be delivered in mid-august, I could wait, cause at least there was one with my name on it.

Gateway just called me and cancelled my order. They downgraded me to the X800 Pro (for more money).

WTF? They decided to decline their offering of the product, despite numerous emails of estimated dates and apologies, etc. I don't know about you all but to PRE-Order something and NOT receive it more than a month after the order is one thing. To have been waiting and waiting and waiting to learn that they, in their porogotive have decided to not honour the sale agreement, and then to try nd shove a lesser piece of hardware at me for a higher price---now that's some nerve.

Never will I purchase anything from them again. Ever.
 
Sorry for you situation, but I'm soooooo glad I got out of that when I did. Very happy with my 6800GT! I think I made the right choice
 
Hmm, and some people wonder why Gateway is having financial problems.
 
i cancled my gatweay order and bought the evga on june 29th it arrived the next day. ive been using my 6800gt for almost a month now @ 440/1150.

1$=1 vote

this is capitalism not democracy. its not perfect but its bettter then the alternatives.
 
I just called to cancel my XT-PE that I had on order since June 2. Laf, it's been sooo long that I've moved since then and they had to call me to reconfirm my CC info becuase my address had changed.

Anyways, when I called in to cancel, the goons just asked me for the order number and said 'ok, it's cancelled'. Ummm, don't they know that if they don't verify caller information, anyone can call in with an order number and get an order cancelled.

If you have an order #, you can easily get another legit order # by going to gateway.com, click on order status and enter random numbers similar to yours.

Like so:


Order Date:
Payment Method: 5/30/04
CreditCard

Gateway Order No.
Item Qty.
Status Total

xxxxxxxx
Gateway 23-inch HD-Ready LCD TV Display
1
order pending
$1719.98

xxxxxxxx
Gateway 200X
1
order pending
$1724.97
Order Total $3444.95
 
Back
Top