Stormlifter
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Oct 19, 2002
- Messages
- 2,968
Alright, integrated laptop crappy sound card i know, but this is beyond it, and it started after some shifty codec adjustments I'm sure. I have a SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio card in my E1705.
I have to turn off my Hardware Acceleration or my Lord of the Rings Online will get static sound. I'm listening to MP3's right now on Foobar audio player and they're is no issues to be heard. I have some HD video on my laptop and I can process it fine, I can actually hear everything fine until I get to Quicktime files. They are garbled and skip, all that audio badness. I thought it was just quicktime, but now Skype has it, I just installed it cause I thought it would be fun, but all the audio coming from it sounds garbled just like my quicktime.
EDIT: just realized that Zoomplayer somehow manages to play the audio alright, but the video quality is a bit reduced. so something is up with codecs. Not sure about Skype though. Hrmm.... Zoomplayer shows that for audio it is using "Zoom Player Audio Filter and CoreAAC Audio Decoder" and then "CoreAVC Video Decoder" to handle the video. I also identified that the audio being used by the Quicktime file is MP4a, which may very well be what Skype is using and what is causing the issues. Anyone know of a safe MP4 codec to install?
Anyone got some steps for me to go for? I tried uninstalling my quicktime codec, no luck.
I have to turn off my Hardware Acceleration or my Lord of the Rings Online will get static sound. I'm listening to MP3's right now on Foobar audio player and they're is no issues to be heard. I have some HD video on my laptop and I can process it fine, I can actually hear everything fine until I get to Quicktime files. They are garbled and skip, all that audio badness. I thought it was just quicktime, but now Skype has it, I just installed it cause I thought it would be fun, but all the audio coming from it sounds garbled just like my quicktime.
EDIT: just realized that Zoomplayer somehow manages to play the audio alright, but the video quality is a bit reduced. so something is up with codecs. Not sure about Skype though. Hrmm.... Zoomplayer shows that for audio it is using "Zoom Player Audio Filter and CoreAAC Audio Decoder" and then "CoreAVC Video Decoder" to handle the video. I also identified that the audio being used by the Quicktime file is MP4a, which may very well be what Skype is using and what is causing the issues. Anyone know of a safe MP4 codec to install?
Anyone got some steps for me to go for? I tried uninstalling my quicktime codec, no luck.