garageband.... Rocks my socks off

HotL3@D

[H]ard|Gawd
So some of you may remember we bought my mom an imac. SHe loves it. Everytime i go over there i play with it some more... I got a chance to mess around with garageband after looking at some of the tutorials at apple.com. I must say i had a lot of fun fooling with it for a couple of hours, messin with the prerecorded beats and synthesized rhythms... Anyway, i think most of the ilife suite has solidified my purchase of a mac in the future... So much you can do..so easy to do it. :)

Garageband eats up a lot of time :)

If you want something more advance and have the $$ give Apple's Logic or Logic Express a try. It is the "pro equivalent" of Garageband.

iLife kicks some serious ass.

I use iMovie and iDVD mostly on my G5. I make tons of DVD's for the family and some friends. I looked for something as good for the PC side and couldnt find anything that comes close. The iLife combo is just so easy to use and never has any issues.

I also have Garageband and Logic on my G4 for mucking around with music. Adding the Jam Packs is fantastic. I can hash out a song with a friend in a few hours and have a great time doing it too.

I'd pick up a nice Core Duo Mac Mini and have a ball. Great bang for your buck.

valve1138 said:
I'd pick up a nice Core Duo Mac Mini and have a ball. Great bang for your buck.

I just wonder if that will be enough for me... with the slower processor speed and what seems to be a lack of any sort of video card and all.

does garageband come on new macbooks or is it seperate software?

Glow said:
does garageband come on new macbooks or is it seperate software?

Garageband is part of the iLife package that comes with all new Apple systems.

My friends randomly invited me to join a band and my friend had a Macbook, and tried out garageband and with the internal microphone, it was awesome quality. I so have a hankering for a Mac now haha.

I have a 2GHz Core Duo iMac Maxed out with RAM and the Video Card. Its the shit... and its very very fast.

Best purchase I ever made.

You might enjoy Reason too, especially when you add Recycle into the mix and start chopping samples. A MIDI keyboard is a worthwhile investment too.

Back