Garage mining and humidity

LZ_Xray

Limp Gawd
The only cards I have are 750Ti's which run at 52-54C in a 72F room. Even though these don't create much heat, moving the heat load outside is still a good thing so thinking of moving my rig space to the garage during the summer. Planning on staying with Maxwells in the future as well due to their cool characteristic if I can manage to wait until the next iteration arrives.

Edge case scenario with the garage at 105F (which it never gets), maintaining the same deltaT would put the cards around 75C which is under their 80C throttle temp. My concern is humidity, which gets over 90% here regularly.

With the components being hotter than their surroundings I wouldn't think condensation would be a problem, but then again I've never run gear outside of AC and would hate to let the magic smoke out over something I overlooked or had never experienced.

Anyone have any advice with high humidity/high temp situations?

my mining room is commonly 90-95F and all of the cards are fairly cool but the humidity is low

with 750ti's they don't draw much power so why can't you make room for them in the house?

Not a room issue, just feels like if I have cool running cards that can take the heat I should take advantage of that for efficiency (money). It's the humidity I'm concerned about.

Even my little 385W rig is about 1300 BTU/hr heat load on the house AC in the summer. In winter they'll go back in the house.

Back