• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gamma woes with Catalyst 4.7

athakur999

n00b
Joined
Feb 2, 2004
Messages
15
My monitor is pretty dark and I have to use the gamma setting in the ATI Control Panel to raise the brightness to a good level.

The problem is that the gamma setting will sometimes fail to automatically reapply itself when I exit some programs. This always happens when I quit Far Cry and occasionally happens when I run a VMWare session that is set to full screen and change back into a window.

Catalyst 4.6 was supposed to fix this problem with Far Cry. I'm running 4.7 so it should include that fix. I've tried both the original 4.7 and the Omega 4.7, as well as completely removing the driver using DriverCleaner and reinstalling, but no dice. This installation of Windows used to have an Nvidia card (which I cleaned out with driver cleaner), dunno if that makes a difference.

Aside from trying a complete reinstall, anyone have some hints on how to make my gamma setting work correctly?
 
Yes, go into your start menu>run then type regedit. Go to find then search for "gsettingcontrol" and change all the values from 2 to 0. There might be like 10 or 15 but keep doing it. Then restart.
 
Back
Top