Gamma on Viewsonic vx2235wm 22" and Vista

Wilo

Limp Gawd
Hello All,

I'm having trouble adjusting the gamma on this monitor. The reference site and image I'm using is: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/. I've also tried the program "Quick Gamma".

From reading, I've learned that most LCD's default somewhere near the 2.2 mark, but mine doesn't seem to match any of the levels. I've read that Vista does have some issues with gamma, but I can't seem to pinpoint how that may relate to my problem. I've tried adjusting my monitor's brightness and contrast through the OSD and through the Nvidia Control Panel, but can't seem to get it right.

I have a XFX Geforce 8800GT card with the latest Vista/Nvidia drivers.

Otherwise, my picture quality is okay. Using the default monitor settings made the color look a bit washed out, so I used the "Opticolor" function and set the image to "Vivid." In the absence of calibration hardware, it's tricky trying to get it just right.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Your best bet is to try the video card control panel, which gives you access to the functionality needed to adjust the gamma. Select the "Adjust desktop color settings" feature in the nVidia control panel.

Thank you for the reply.

I have tried tinkering with the Gamma slider in the Nvidia CP, but that didn't help.

I just uninstalled my default drivers and installed the latest Omega drivers for Vista-32. The colors already look a little better, however the control panel settings appear to be the same.

Any additional thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Back