[GamingTitans] Battlefield 4 - $48

TehRoot

Limp Gawd
Battlefield 4 - $48

Just bought this from this site saw it on OCN, pmuch like gmg I guess. I got my order email in like 2 hours, and the key is supposed to come on release day. Cheaper than the origin store price which is ++++11111.

Last edited:
My only concern is if its already $48 what are the chances that it will be even cheaper in 5 months or less?

My only concern is if its already $48 what are the chances that it will be even cheaper in 5 months or less?

Probably really good but you'll also miss out on the first few months of gameplay which is usually the best and you'll be just starting out facing lots of players who have spent that time getting high rank with all the unlocks and now know every map in and out as well as all the exploits.

I bought BF3 1 day after release for $35. I say wait a bit for the importers to get their copies.

Not afaik, you have to get the premium pack, but I bought the base BF4 version and then premium because it was cheaper overall since I still get china rising with premium.

EDIT: So you do get it without buying deluxe, I guess I just missed that part with purchasing. Guess that makes it a better deal then \o/

Last edited:
I see the purchase is in Euros, that's no problem for PayPal, but will that be different version or anything of BF4? Also that seems like as decent of a deal as we are likely to get on a preorder, but BF4 premium is $48 too, not really a good deal there.

So let me get this straight, BF4 the actual game is $60 regularly, and BF4 Premium is $50?

Fuck them

how can the F*** can they be offering an expansion pack on something not even released yet,,, geez.. milk the consumer!

how can the F*** can they be offering an expansion pack on something not even released yet,,, geez.. milk the consumer!

Season passes are kind of a thing now. In SOME cases I think they're alright. However, at $50 it's a "tad" on the side of ridiculous.

Season passes are kind of a thing now. In SOME cases I think they're alright. However, at $50 it's a "tad" on the side of ridiculous.
Especially when it's the same game and will be half the price in six months. Waiting on it this time.

I learned my less last time with Battlefield 3

This hog will be $30 in 2 months

did you guys actually get a key to activate on origin? if so, what did you do? i cant seem to find it. all i get is "Status: Will be sent on 29 Oct 2013 "

I learned my less last time with Battlefield 3

This hog will be $30 in 2 months

Thats every PC game ever. Digital Distribution has made an extremely competitive market. You can get any game thats 2 months old for half costs pretty easily, it's not just the BF series. So if thats the reason for calling it a hod, then almost all PC games are.

did you guys actually get a key to activate on origin? if so, what did you do? i cant seem to find it. all i get is "Status: Will be sent on 29 Oct 2013 "

You don't get a key until the game is actually released. It will be emailed on the 29th.

Just ordered one myself. Came to $49.16 USD

Is this site legit or is it like one of those Russian sites that sell cheap CD keys from Eastern European regions?

For all the bitching people do -- most will probably cave and buy it because it's going to be an awesome game.

I bought BF4 pre-order from gamefly a week or so ago, same price as here ~48+ tax. Includes China rising.

However if you look at how much I paid for BF3+Premium -- (full price) vs how much I played, it's still a bitchin deal.

For the amount of money I spend on other crap (mortgage/car note/home depot improvement projects) $100 dollars for a solid 2 years of guaranteed good gaming fun, it's a freaking deal no matter how you cut it. Sure, I could save $20 if I waited 6 months, but then I wouldn't be able to play with friends.

If you are living with mommy and daddy and are only given 5 dollars a week, then yes, I can see how forking over ~100 for a game would be an issue. My advice to you - get a job, or at the very least stop telling everyone every 5 minutes how you are going to buy it 2 months later for 50 cents less.

Remember the NES -- it came out in 1983, priced at 299. Guess how much that is in 2012 dollars (inflation calc I found only went to 2012). $678 in today's dollars.

Same goes for the games - assume $49.99 (many were MORE) - that's $113 in today's dollars.

Don't like it, awesome, don't buy it.

For all the bitching people do -- most will probably cave and buy it because it's going to be an awesome game.

I bought BF4 pre-order from gamefly a week or so ago, same price as here ~48+ tax. Includes China rising.

However if you look at how much I paid for BF3+Premium -- (full price) vs how much I played, it's still a bitchin deal.

For the amount of money I spend on other crap (mortgage/car note/home depot improvement projects) $100 dollars for a solid 2 years of guaranteed good gaming fun, it's a freaking deal no matter how you cut it. Sure, I could save $20 if I waited 6 months, but then I wouldn't be able to play with friends.

If you are living with mommy and daddy and are only given 5 dollars a week, then yes, I can see how forking over ~100 for a game would be an issue. My advice to you - get a job, or at the very least stop telling everyone every 5 minutes how you are going to buy it 2 months later for 50 cents less.

Remember the NES -- it came out in 1983, priced at 299. Guess how much that is in 2012 dollars (inflation calc I found only went to 2012). $678 in today's dollars.

Same goes for the games - assume $49.99 (many were MORE) - that's $113 in today's dollars.

Don't like it, awesome, don't buy it.

Or I could compare to the 6 full-length games I just got for $1 from an indie bundle.

It's all perspective, some people value their time and effort as well as money differently than others. I probably view $100 way differently than you do. It's just perspective.

Or I could compare to the 6 full-length games I just got for $1 from an indie bundle.

Well that's bottomfeeding. You aren't the demographic that game developers are making games for - not a sustainable business model - and if everyone felt like you these games wouldn't exist. No offense meant, just something to consider.

Well that's bottomfeeding. You aren't the demographic that game developers are making games for .

Correction, these game developers. There are plenty of indie developers that develope games tailored towards the indie market. It just so happens that many of them are much more creative/entertaining than CoD or BF

Correction, these game developers. There are plenty of indie developers that develope games tailored towards the indie market. It just so happens that many of them are much more creative/entertaining than CoD or BF

that's just your opinion though -- as a guy I find it incredibly entertaining to blow stuff up and do the run n' gun thing. When I want to relax or blow off steam, I'm not looking for a super fantastic story or a magically creative developer.

Iv'e perused the indie collections on Steam -- and there really wasn't anything that stood out to me even for $1. I'm not the target audience though, and it's all just my opinion. A puzzle or story game with basic graphics just doesn't appeal to me.

It's just like the movie industry -- lots of people love the big budget, big explosion action movies, with the hottest stars. And there will always be others who like the independent handy-cam movies shot at the public park. Neither is better than the other.

that's just your opinion though -- as a guy I find it incredibly entertaining to blow stuff up and do the run n' gun thing. When I want to relax or blow off steam, I'm not looking for a super fantastic story or a magically creative developer.

Iv'e perused the indie collections on Steam -- and there really wasn't anything that stood out to me even for $1. I'm not the target audience though, and it's all just my opinion. A puzzle or story game with basic graphics just doesn't appeal to me.

It's just like the movie industry -- lots of people love the big budget, big explosion action movies, with the hottest stars. And there will always be others who like the independent handy-cam movies shot at the public park. Neither is better than the other.

Very good point. Much like games, I've never been into the whole "explosions and fast moving shit" movies, and I consider myself a huge movie buff. To me, I prefer the story over mass chaos, and this does transition to games as well.

If you can wait BattleField 4 will be $30 at Gamestop on Black Friday for all systems.

doesn't include china rising afaik, just the base game, which means you have to buy premium anyway

doesn't include china rising afaik, just the base game, which means you have to buy premium anyway

You'll end up buying premium anyway so doesn't matter much... Plus saving $30 > Getting one of the DLC addons

I'm all for saving a buck -- but the fact that black friday crap is already starting to eek out... makes me pretty fucking sick.

It's not even the month of Nov yet... let alone thanksgiving, and people are already foaming at the mouth to save 10 dollars on a toaster or buy a cheap off brand TV for 100 dollars. The fact that every single year this crap creeps up by a few days. People so sad and desperate they want the christmas "season" to last 3 months... ugh.

Funny enough in like 2008 I remember being off work for an extended time and thought I'd try to score a laptop from Fry's for my g/f. I was on a wacky reverse schedule so I figure showing up at 3am I'd be golden, line was already around the building. I turned around and went home, because I didn't feel like sitting with that mob of stupid just to save 100 dollars.

Yep. afailk prices are going up to $55 from the presale since it's releasing in like 9 days now.

Back