• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gaming with IEMs?

kraken0698

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
1,036
Ok, so recently I took a huge plunge and bought myself a pair of JH16 pros. Yes, these are the uber-expensive IEMs that are custom molded to your ear.

Now, I already use a pair of Denon D5000s for my main PC gaming rig and I bought the JH16s for my portable music setup, but while I have been waiting for these I have wondered about the possibility of gaming with these IEMs.

Has anyone tried gaming with a pair of higher-end IEMs like the JH13s? What are your thoughts?
 
a lot of pro quake live players use ear buds, tbh i can't tell if they are fancy iem's or just your everyday ipod ones. but quake's sound system is so primitive that it doesn't benefit from having a larger sound stage. your iem's would probably be better than most of the those cheap 5.1 headphones they market the crap out of nowadays but i would stick with the denon's if only for the comfort during extended periods.
 
Well, that's the thing. To me, custom IEMs are far more comfortable than any over-the-ear headphones. I mean the customs are made from molds of your ear canal. They fit perfectly, block out a lot of sound and are far less irritating after long sessions than large, bulky full-sized cans.

That's not to say I don't love my Denons. I do, very much so. :)

From all I have heard about the JH16s/JH13s they are supposed to be some of the greatest headphones ever made, that includes full-sized headphones as well. I guess I will just have to wait until I get them before I know for sure how they will handle games.

The wait is just so excruciating!
 
Any decently high-end headphone will work well for gaming, regardless if they're in-ear or over-the-ear. That being said I've sometimes used my Ety ER-4S for gaming when I didn't have my other headphones available and they worked just fine. Of course their bass response was a bit less than optimal for impacts, but otherwise they were great. I'm sure the JH16's will work well for gaming.

Do remember that the IEM will provide a lot more isolation than a "regular" headphone, so if you're not alone in the house you might seemingly ignore people that try to get your attention :)
 
Back
Top