Gaming with 2 monitors

SidewinderX

2[H]4U
Hey All,

My work finally upgraded our monitors (from 17" CRTs to 22" Dell Ultrasharps), so I able to bring my 2nd LCD back home, and now I'm running dual monitors.

I just started playing some games with the setup, and I noticed a little problem. I play with the game "fullscreened" in my main monitor (24" 1920x1080), and I saw that if I moved my cursor to the right edge it would pop itself out of the game and go over to the second monitor (22" 1680x1050). The game in question was Empire: Total War

Is there anyway to prevent this from happening?

Thanks!

I've had this issue with a couple of games myself. Easiest way i found was to just disable the second monitor in the Nividia control panel whilst playing those particular games. Then when i'm finished i just enable it again.

It's mainly RTS games that have the issue, although I've noticed the same thing happen in a few other games. The only way I've known to get rid of that is to do what the poster above me said. Although it doesn't help if you want to monitor stuff while gaming obviously. You just get used to the games that do it, at least I did.

Worst comes to worst just unplug the power cord to the 2nd monitor when you're gaming and this way the computer can't detect the signal from it hahaha

Yeah but it doesnt help if he'd like to have the 2nd monitor active for a browser or IMs. I am sure there is a way around this other than disabling or unplugging the 2nd monitor while gaming.

Back