gaming trackball mouse?

cajun47

Limp Gawd
would that help with my carpal tunnel? is so whats a good responsive trackball for some fps and rts gaming?

Maybe check out the L-TracX, 3200 laser trackball... I've heard good things about it, certainly worth looking into (website here).

Guess it might help with carpal tunnel, with very slight movements of the finger on such a sensitive ball (stop giggling at the back there) would imagine it's easier on the wrist than moving a mouse. But I'm no doctor!

I swear by the corded Logitech trackman thumbball. Seems it s discontinued now so either EBAY or the wireless version....I love em...

I have turned lots on to them and they love em....

I swear by the corded Logitech trackman thumbball. Seems it s discontinued now so either EBAY or the wireless version....I love em...

I have turned lots on to them and they love em....

They went discontinued about a year and a half ago. They have a new wireless one available.

So sad! I don't always want cordless!

I was still buying them new on egg as of December 2010 I thought....I'll have to go look...

Trackball Wiki here. Still being worked on.
5388606175_df34d342f0_z.jpg

That would be a good plan; that keyboard uses Logitech's Unifying Receiver, so you can use one receiver for both the mouse and the keyboard.

The M570 is nice. If anyone has the other classic thumbballs, the Microsoft Trackball Optical (MTO) or the Logitech Wheelman post your DPI test results in the Wiki link above.

I'm pretty sure the M570 has significantly higher sensitivity for modern screens.

I have the microsoft one and love it to death
it feels so great in my hand and it never gets tiring using it for long periods of time

The M570 is nice. If anyone has the other classic thumbballs, the Microsoft Trackball Optical (MTO) or the Logitech Wheelman post your DPI test results in the Wiki link above.

I'm pretty sure the M570 has significantly higher sensitivity for modern screens.

how do i do a dpi test?

i ordered that m570, wireless keyboard from newegg very late monday night. got it in wednesday morning with regular shipping.

i now can enjoy my pc from the recliner. thanks.

will the batteries go dead if i don't turn them off at night?

i ordered that m570, wireless keyboard from newegg very late monday night. got it in wednesday morning with regular shipping.

i now can enjoy my pc from the recliner. thanks.

will the batteries go dead if i don't turn them off at night?
The batteries should last a pretty long time like all modern Logitech mice, although you'll obviously need to replace them eventually. I recommend getting some Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batteries; buy four AAs and a charger, keep two in the mouse and two in the charger, and when the mouse dies, swap the batteries.

Carpel Tunnel is a keyboard injury, mouses cause something called repetitive stress injury. It basically means they mess up your wrist. Trackballs are supposed to help ALLOT, many doctors recommend them. Personally I cant use them, I dont think they work well at all for gaming, im just so used to mice.

this was my very first time using a trackball. this thumb trackball took me a couple hours to get used to web browsing. gaming will take much longer. im practicing with the bots in quake 3.

tbh i was never great at fast paced shooters even with a regular mouse. i can beat the **** out of the q3 bots on "i can win" with the thumb trackball. my thing is red orchestra 2, bf3 and arma 2 for when i buy my next pc and i have no doubt i'll do fine with the trackball in those games. we will see what happens after a month of practice.

also, i find the trackball we talking about is a little too big at first. today im more used to it. not bad.

Link here.

Wouldn't have to do this if the damn trackball manufacturers would publish their dpi specs.
None of the big peripheral companies publish detailed specs on their consumer mice as far as I know. It would be nice if they did, but it's not a huge deal since the people who buy those mice generally aren't the type of people who care.

I'll Do the test when i get home, I have never had any problems with the trackball and gaming its responsive and i have had years of using it.

None of the big peripheral companies publish detailed specs on their consumer mice as far as I know. It would be nice if they did, but it's not a huge deal since the people who buy those mice generally aren't the type of people who care.

Logitech publishes DPI for all their mice AFAIK.

Just not their trackballs.

$20 laptop mouse
27148.png

High-definition optical tracking

You’ll enjoy responsive and smooth cursor control with the high-definition optical tracking (1000 dpi).

Okay, they do for some of them, but not all of them. There are a lot of mice on Logitech's site that don't have DPI values listed.

This trackball is like the kensington turbo pro, with a large ball and the same ergo look as the turbo pro, with wrist rest. The price is good....I have the kensington pro, and it won't be sold, even have a backup version that I am not using....so in 15 years when the first breaks I will have a 2nd. The key is the wrist rest, you want the wrist flat....not angled up

http://www.trackballworld.com/40-181.html

if I sometimes have problems with fingers from using touchpad in laptop would M570 be good replacement ?

The M570 (any trackball) is miles better than a touchpad.

And to answer the OP, i used mice for years, but started to develop RSI at my right hand and a few months ago i bought my first trackball, M570. It helped greatly my RSI, but i have trouble playing games with it, especially RTS games. FPS games i manage and i've noticed i improve my aim the more i practice, but fast RTS games i can't get used to. Since the ball on the M570 is small, compared to other trackballs, i have to rely on software acceleration, but i can't find the sweet spot (and the windows/logitech software doesn't have fine enough adjustments for it).

Anyway, the M570 is a great trackball and wireless doesn't affect it at all; no lag and has a very, very long battery life (months).

Last edited:
The mx570 is hard locked at 125hz. No way to get it any higher even if you override windows 7's default 125, the trackball will not go any higher. I have tried, but i found a link where a logitech rep said flat out if you want more 500hz buy a gaming mouse because the trackball is locked. I still use the mx570 primarily due to nerve damage from a gaming mouse.

Back