Gaming system for 750$ Usd

Dioz_ako

n00b
Hello all, Looking to build a gaming only sytem, and have around 750 to spend. (already have the OS) need every thing else. Any sudgestions? Not looking to OC wanting to keep every thing stock. Mainly because I dont really know how, and last time i did blew 300+ dollars :p hehe.

Looking for an amd setup and a 9800 pro. Any sudgestions would be goodie ;0 thanks.

All at the Egg...

Case: Enlight EN-7250 (with 360w PSU)
Motherboard/CPU: Athlon XP 3000+ (Retail) on Asus A7N8X
Memory: 512MB dual kit Corsair Value Ram
Hard Drive: 120GB Western Digital SE
Optical Drive: Liteon 48X24X48X16 DVD/CD-RW Combo
Video: Sapphire Radeon 9800pro 128MB

Comes to $755 plus $15 for Express Saver. You can save about $100 if you get a mobile XP 2400+ and overclock it.

I'd say go with the mobile 2400 and OC. You can probably get it up to 3000+ speeds with some decent cooling.

Understand though that to get a stable and safe overclock you'll need to buy a new heat sink which'll cost between $30 and $50 depending on which model you go for.

what kind of heatsink / Pros would be good? Some thing noob friendly, thats not easily burned while trying to oc.

Originally posted by Dioz_ako
what kind of heatsink / Pros would be good? Some thing noob friendly, thats not easily burned while trying to oc.

you cant fuck up an OC unless you take the heatsink off or something, and even then, thermal overheat protection should kick in

i recommend the Zalman 7000 Cu, or the AlCu if you want to save $10 and have a ligher version, at the expense of a degree F or two.

as for the pros, personally Im happier with modding my 9800SE to pro (powercolor 256 bit) because it was a perfect mod, in fact last i checked this model has nearly 100% success rate, anyway its $160 while a pro is 200-210. brand is entirely up to you, some clock a little higher, but its mostly warrenty and included stuff.

thanks ill check that fan out. btw. is this Ram really worth the price?

CORSAIR XMS Extreme Speed Series 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-4000PRO - Retail

Friend said it was a must for the next gen gaming.

http://secure.newegg.com/app/shoppingcart.asp?submit=view

this is what i have so far, what do you guys think? iam still missing a case..

I was thinking of getting that hd, and next week or some thing get a raptor. Does the 10k rpm really make that much of a diffrence?

I am gonna guess that you might need to make some sacrifices, but even with $750, you can make a good rig. My set up is a little different but it is flexible too. Here ya go.

RAIDMAX Elite Black Mid-Tower PC Case with 350W Power Supply, Model "ATX-208BP" -RETAIL

ABIT nForce2 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU, Model "NF7-S" -RETAIL

SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9800PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP -RETAIL

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton", 333 FSB, 512K Cache Processor - Retail

Corsair Value Select (Dual Pack) 184 Pin 1G(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - OEM

Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, MODEL 6Y080M0, OEM Drive Only

Lite-On Black 52X32X52X16 Combo Drive, Model SOHC-5232K, OEM Bulk Pack

You could also lower the Athlon 2500+ and use that money to buy a better case and power supply. You could always upgrade later.

I chose the motherboard because I hear great stuff about it. Also it has soundstorm audio which is pretty good I hear. You can upgrade sound later.

I currently have a MSI combo drive and it works great. No need for seperate DVD and CD writer.

I hope this gives you an idea of other possibilities.

get a 1800+ on an epox board with generic hard drive and ram. than spend the rest of your money on a geforce 6800 and a 480w truepower. :D

Originally posted by Dioz_ako
thanks ill check that fan out. btw. is this Ram really worth the price?

CORSAIR XMS Extreme Speed Series 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-4000PRO - Retail

Friend said it was a must for the next gen gaming.

http://secure.newegg.com/app/shoppingcart.asp?submit=view

this is what i have so far, what do you guys think? iam still missing a case..

I was thinking of getting that hd, and next week or some thing get a raptor. Does the 10k rpm really make that much of a diffrence?

thats amazing ram, should OC even past 4000 speeds (if you get it that high)

and yes, the raptors are noticible. crazy little bastards, they are.

Back