• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gaming Speakers

superme1

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 31, 2009
Messages
147
Hey Hardforum

I'm looking at Logitech's G51 Speakers for my yet-to-be-built gaming rig. The speakers are inexpensive for a 5.1 system, and from the reviews they look pretty good. What I'm mainly wondering is: Do I need a sound card to get pretty good performance out of these speakers. I know that if I buy a sound card, it'll sound much better, but I want to wait on buying one if possible. So do you think I can have a great experience on game's audio with these speakers, experience awesome surround sound, without a sound card? Thanks for your help.

Also, If I do end up buying a sound card, can anyone suggest a good one that isn't too expensive. Like, under $150 or something like that. I'm mainly playing games and listening to music, but I'm not a music audiophile, I just want cool surround sound effect on my games. Also, can someone explain OpenAL technology? thanks!!
 
sigh...

Read Arkangls great big audio thread. Search this subforum for it.

It SHOULD be a sticky by now... *cough* mods *cough*

In a nutshell, don't buy logitec speakers, or any othe "computer" speakers for that matter. They are crap, plain and simple.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
thanks for the response, can you please post a link to that thread, I can't find it through search

EDIT Oh I found it, it's Arkangyl
 
Last edited:
I would say just get a pair of M- Audio AV30 or AV40 2.0 speakers and use the Mobo onboard audio. It's good enough. I love my AV40s and I only have them connected to onboard audio. I would say don't spend $148 on those Logitechs.

M-Audio AV30 for $84.52

M-Audio Av40 for $119.78
 
Back
Top