• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

gaming router (wired)

cartier007

n00b
Joined
Oct 12, 2006
Messages
41
i am looking to buy a wired router for getting my ps3 and computer internet access. i currently have my computer hooked up direclty w/o a router via cable and have no speed problems. i have the best speed that brighthouse offers, i think its 15. I want a router that will not slow down my gaming on the computer/ps3 and will not use both at same time. i really don't want a wireless due to concens about it getting hacked.

are there any routers that fit my needs??

thanks for the help.;)
 
I guess any router from most brands will do fine if you don't need wireless. :)

What's your budget?
 
I can spend about $200.00. i just want the router to not slow down my connection speed and thats really the only thing i need.

thanks
 
DLinks DGL 4100,(wired only), DGL 4300 (you can turn off the wireless), DGL4500 (can turn off the wirless)
 
Since you mention gaming, I would recommend the DLink DGL-4500. It has a special GameFuel QoS system to help with lag and disconnects when gaming, and it really does work.

It has wireless. Just turn it off :)

Not only that, but I can almost guarantee you that if you bought a wired-only router (if you can find one besides the discontinued DGL-4100), you would eventually need it and be sorry you didn't have it. Wired-Only routers typically have not been much cheaper than their wired cousins, and adding a WAP-only wireless box later is really expensive.
 
The DGL-4500 is the fastest router on the smallnetbuilders.com charts and can pass in excess of 200MB/Sec Wan to Lan.

I'd say that will cover your 15MB/Sec pipe :)

It also has very high ratings for simultaneous IP connections (important for Bit-Torrent and other P2P, as well as hosting games in some circumstances).

You just won't find a way to overload this router with current ISP offerings.

I can spend about $200.00. i just want the router to not slow down my connection speed and thats really the only thing i need.

thanks
 
Back
Top