Gaming Rig Shuts Down Help!!!

exilelrrp

Limp Gawd
Ok...This is my problem so far as you guys can see my signature specs of my rig @ the bottum....

I'm having an issue where all of a sudden my rig shuts down on me once in a blue!?...
The screen shuts off but the system stays on!?...When I look into the case I see everything on & > FF < shows on the motherboard!...
I would have to shut down my system & restart then it says error system didn't shut down properly once is back on everything seems ok?
I don't see any BSOD at all...I can play all day then the next day it will happen again shut down yet the rig stays on suspense mode with FF?

My Rig is super cooled I always have my air conditioner on I can feel the cold air flowing through out the case....What I don't understand is it happens 1 or 2 times every other 3-5 days depending I guess when I'm gaming!?

What can be causing this!?...I dont have it on OC never did & the bios are up to date!... Any tech gurus in here help me on this issue I'm having before I start sending wrong RMA parts!:(

Ok...This is my problem so far as you guys can see my signature specs of my rig @ the bottum....

I'm having an issue where all of a sudden my rig shuts down on me once in a blue!?...
The screen shuts off but the system stays on!?...When I look into the case I see everything on & > FF < shows on the motherboard!...
I would have to shut down my system & restart then it says error system didn't shut down properly once is back on everything seems ok?
I don't see any BSOD at all...I can play all day then the next day it will happen again shut down yet the rig stays on suspense mode with FF?

My Rig is super cooled I always have my air conditioner on I can feel the cold air flowing through out the case....What I don't understand is it happens 1 or 2 times every other 3-5 days depending I guess when I'm gaming!?

What can be causing this!?...I dont have it on OC never did & the bios are up to date!... Any tech gurus in here help me on this issue I'm having before I start sending wrong RMA parts!:(

Have you run memtest, and checked for bad ram?

Yes I did run memtest4.2 & everything pass on memory!...Funny thing is today I power up my system & I started to get FF flashing now!?....
Then I opened the top lid of my case checking cables & the second I move the PSU cable it booted up!...Now Im thinking could it be that causing the problem?...
Will find out today & through out the week & see if it shuts down on me with FF or when I boot up!...I really do hope its the cable to the PSU that was being pulled!...

If that is the cause then that might be the only thing I will say I don't like about the FT02:(

WoW!...No Help!?...Anyways I'm still having the problem & I don't know really what can be causing this or how to find out for sure!....I can go on for hours playing BFBC2 the when I'm done & stay on TS3 then shutdown FF restart again!?....Could it be the MoBo?...

Since you are losing video, try connecting you motherboard video out and see if monitor works then. If so, I would say GPU problem. And are you sure its not a monitor going out?

Since you are losing video, try connecting you motherboard video out and see if monitor works then. If so, I would say GPU problem. And are you sure its not a monitor going out?
I will try that but why would the system hang> with FF display on board?...2 nights in a row my system did not shut down on me 3rd day I wake up switch it on wont boot up hangs on blinking FF!...
I started checking around moved the PSU power cable & it booted up!?....Could It be the PSU power cable being pulled back?...The Silver Stone FT02 all the cable are bent back from top....Has not turn off all day!?....Will check today again!...

Thank You!...All for the help keep the ideas coming 2-6 brains is better than one!...Things can be over looked ya know"

Are you using a UPS? If so, make sure it's got enough ass to push everything you have hooked to it. If not, look into investing in one. If you are using a surge protector, try eliminating that avenue as a possible cause.

Other than that, swap rails for the video card, or reduce clocks.

My brother in law was having the same problem before and we were able to pinpoint it down to the PSU. He had a faulty PSU and he was able to tell by monitoring the power on the rails. He had an asus board and it has a software that shows the power coming through each rail and he had a tester as well.

So far I think it is the PSU power cable being pulled back with force!...What I did was gave the PSU cable some extra slack & zipped tied the power cable so it wont be pulled back with force...
So far its been good!...I will get back to you guys on that after testing my rig...

Shit!!!:mad: Its not the PSU power cable being pulled!!!???...After giving it extra cable slack
I was playing BFBC2 with in an hour Rig shut down on me & restarted system did not shut down properly error recovery start windows normal & back on again!!!...What could be the problem!?...

This is my first time with MSI MoBo I really dont know much about them!

How can I test my Rig to point out the cause of this...When one does not have extra parts to replace & see?...How can I tell if its the PSU, GPU, MoBo, Mem or CPU????:confused:

HELP!!!!

Back