Gaming quote - what game?

Yippee38

2[H]4U
I used to play a game with friends. I don't remember how long ago, but it can't have been too recently, or I'd remember it better. It was not a persistant game like WoW or LoTRO, but an episodic online game like a race game, or a shooter (UT, Doom) where you'd play a game until there was a winner, then play another game. When the game episode started, there was a funny voice that called out, "Hold on to your butt!"

I remembered this a few days ago when my wife was watching Jurassic Park and Samuel Jackson says, "Hold on to your butts." My wife used to make fun of that phrase from the game. She thinks it was one of the Doom games, but I don't think so.

It's driving me crazy. Anybody remember that phrase and what game it was?

Sounds like something out of Starcraft from the terran campaign.

Sounds like something out of Starcraft from the terran campaign.

The voice would fit, but I never played much Starcraft online, so I don't think that's it.

I keep leaning towards some kind of driving game, but I don't know if that's right either.

Possibly Counter Strike? I know over the years there have been lots of sound bites added to rounds, especially Quake 3 sound bites. I wouldn't be surprised if there are movie sound bites in there as well.

Possibly Counter Strike? I know over the years there have been lots of sound bites added to rounds, especially Quake 3 sound bites. I wouldn't be surprised if there are movie sound bites in there as well.

no its not counter-strike. idk wing commander or something like that?

Hmm I'm at a loss on the first one.

How about "There ain't no gettin' offa this train we're on!"

Definitely not Counter-Strike. I played that like two times.

I'd list all my games, but that would be a damn long list since I have no idea how long ago this was.

Back