• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gaming/Productivity Laptop

Joined
Jul 14, 2006
Messages
14
As the title says I'm looking for a 15" gaming/productivity laptop. I would prefer a Merom with 2GB of RAM, but if a good deal comes across with only 1GB it won't kill me. I've been poking around the ASUS and Dell websites, but can't seem to find anything that fits the bill. I've also taken a look at the mobile 7950's, but it seems like overkill for what I need, as the gaming would be mostly WoW or Guild Wars. Also I'd like to keep it between $1000 - $1500 if at all possible. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 
dell sucks for 15.4 inch gaming laptops

asus however has quite a few 15.4 inch gaming laptops, though i think there's only one in your price range

you should look at the asus s96j or compal hel80

here is a list of asus resellers

i'd like to recommend
www.btotech.com
www.powernotebooks.com
www.milestonepc.com

they have pretty good sales reps there

as for compal, check out:
discount laptops
milestonepc
xotic pc
sager notebooks
powernotebooks

quite a few of the asus resellers sell compal as well, though i don't think you can beat powernotebooks since they had excellent support, and it comes with a 3 year warranty standard, and bto tech has the best prices around
 
I agree teh S96J is your best bet and check out Gentechpc, they will paint your notebook for $85, and also in my experiece they have good prices.
 
I know this isn't the right section but I have a gaming laptop I'm looking to sell. 2GB RAM, 7800GTX, 17" Widescreen 1920x1200 res. I put it on eBay but the guy who won it is a scammer and the second chance guy isn't taking his original offer of 1200. I'll sell it to you for $1150 shipped. LMK.
 
For a 15" look at the G1. It's a bit over your price range, though. If you're not dead-set on a 15", the ASUS a8js or a8jp are 14" that fit the rest of your specs.
 
^
Just bought the G1 myself and I absolutely love it. It's just overall sweet. The looks alone are awesome with that nice industrial look, but I love how it's a gaming notebook that's not a desktop replacement. Plus it comes with a sweet backpack that I use for school as well.

-rye
 
Also, if you're looking for 2gb, I wouldn't pay for it from the manuf. Get 512mb or 1x1gb, and add a stick from newegg. You just saved $50 easy
 
Back
Top