• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gaming on the dells...?

Whipsmack

Gawd
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
675
I'm not really big into first person shooters, I mostly play world of warcraft and other rpg's etc. Do you think the new 07 dells with an advertised 8 (grey to grey) ms will be that bad to play on?

8 g to g is prolly like 20ms normal eh? I want to go with dell because I hear they have excellent color and sharp images.

And considering the 1907FP would only be like 310 after using a coupon, seems like a decent deal.

The last time I used an LCD was on my friends laptop it was an ultra crappy toshiba satellite celeron and we were playing some old first person shooters on it....come to think of it I never remember noticing any ghosting and surely that was a crappy monitor on that thing.
 
I game on a 20ms Dell display that is probably closer to 25ms in reality. Works jsut fine for everything but the fastest FPS games. My friend even played WoW on it and was impressed at the color. Don't bother with the faster 6-bit panels, the IQ iis FUBAR'd because of the horrific color.
 
So how do I know if i'm buying the right dell panel? I hear some 05's are 6 bit and some others are 8 bit.

Some use samsung some use AU, do you know anything about the 1906FP?

Thanks
 
8-bit:
2001fp
2005fpw
anything '01fp
1905fp (my roommate has one, very nice)

Not sure about the '07 series, they are 8ms but from the reviews the viewing angles are reduced, which leads me to believe they are 6-bit. But they still get good reviews, so they aren't bad products. And they might be 8-bit after all. I would just call them and ask if you're seriously considering an '07. They should have that on their website anyway :mad:
 
for RPGs it should be fine

widescreen is a blessing for games like Guild Wars, WoW, Lineage II, etc. (RPGs and RTSs)
 
I contacted dell and they told me they couldn't give me that info :(

Is it true though that the VA technology that they use makes it so the screen isn't as crisp though?

Thanks!
 
The 1907FP is a 6bit panel, I have one in front of me. It looks fast enough for gaming in my opinion, which was not the case for the 1905FP I tried a few weeks ago.
 
Back
Top