• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Gaming On Multiple Monitors

The Doc

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
1,148
Anyone know if there's a way to display your game across two monitors and if so how do you do it?
 
It depends on the game, what you want it to look like and what equipment you currently have.
 
What I currently have is in my signature. I'm currently running two BenQ FP91G+ 19" LCD monitors.
 
If you have an Nvidia card go into your display properties and set the displays to a horizontal span then you should be able to span your games across.
 
inotocracy said:
If you have an Nvidia card go into your display properties and set the displays to a horizontal span then you should be able to span your games across.

I was able to get it working using the "Clone" option.
 
inotocracy said:
If you have an Nvidia card go into your display properties and set the displays to a horizontal span then you should be able to span your games across.

I tried using the horizontal span option and I was unable to use both displays; however if I clone the desktop then I'm able to get it working.
 
I think it has more to do with the game than anything, MS Flight Sim has had multi monitor support for a long time, I have seen it running on 4 screens but I think it can do even more, Most other games only support a single monitor. I think I have seen Quake 4 spanned across multiple monitors but dont know how they did it.
 
Cloning is going to just that, clone the image. It won't allow you to span across, if select span it creates one virtual monitor that games should be able to recognize. After that its really up to the game's support, I run CS:S and HL2 fine at 2880x900.
 
inotocracy said:
Cloning is going to just that, clone the image. It won't allow you to span across, if select span it creates one virtual monitor that games should be able to recognize. After that its really up to the game's support, I run CS:S and HL2 fine at 2880x900.
You run HL2 on two monitors? I didn't know that game supported that. :eek:
 
Puterguru said:
You run HL2 on two monitors? I didn't know that game supported that. :eek:

I can run Doom 3 on two monitors, but I have to clone the desktop in order to do so. I will try to run half-life 2 in HS mode and see what happens.
 
i have a pic at home of MS flight sim.. if its not on my sata2 hdd (dont have a system that supports sata right now im building a new rig so had to sell the gamer) i will have it up if not i will serch for the pic online and post it the guy has like 14 screens with flight sim... its awsome

and id like to fun games on 3 moniters i am running sli cards in the system im building
 
You mean THIS pic?? =P

whoac.jpg
 
Hmm I should be able to view a DVD movie in horizontal span mode across both displays correct?
 
Puterguru said:
You run HL2 on two monitors? I didn't know that game supported that. :eek:

It supports widescreen resolutions, you just need to setup your monitors correctly. Clone mode will NOT span your monitors, you need to set horizontal span. I'll take a picture of it in action with my phone tonight and post a picture tomorrow morning (my dock is at work).
 
inotocracy said:
It supports widescreen resolutions, you just need to setup your monitors correctly. Clone mode will NOT span your monitors, you need to set horizontal span. I'll take a picture of it in action with my phone tonight and post a picture tomorrow morning (my dock is at work).

Clone mode works nicely for games that do not span well across two monitors. Clone mode is nice, but spaning is where it's at.
 
Sorry it took so long, woke up a tad late today :eek: Pics as promised, sorry for the crappy quality but its a phone not a camera :p

IMAGE_00233.jpg

IMAGE_00232.jpg

IMAGE_00231.jpg

IMAGE_00230.jpg

IMAGE_00229.jpg

IMAGE_00228.jpg

IMAGE_00227.jpg
 
How do you aim? Isn't your crosshair in the middle where to two monitors meet? That would just bug me.
 
wespott said:
How do you aim? Isn't your crosshair in the middle where to two monitors meet? That would just bug me.

I dont, its just fun to see. The monitor's bezel makes it suck, but it is cool to try. As the poster above mentioned (surround gaming) a 3 monitor setup would be more ideal.
 
Back
Top