Gaming mouse upgrade?

I've been using the Microsoft/Razer Habu for about a year now. It's by far the best mouse I have ever used - the design and shape of the mouse is perfect for my relatively large hand. Comes with interchangeable thumb buttons depending on whether you keep your thumb low or high, easy sensitivity changes, and an easy-to-use driver interface. Plus I love how it looks.

so what would be the most comfortable mouse for all-around use? I was thinking the Logitech MX performance or the microsoft 6000. Im currently using the logitech VX revolution notebook mouse which is starting to hurt my wrist after long usage :(

Im liking the logitech illuminated keyboard but the keys are strange as they are not raised and im not sure its best for gaming. But its damn quiet and feels great!

This. My favorite gaming mouse ever, and as the gaming accessories commodity manager for the largest computer company, I've tried just about everything out there.

Sorry dude this sounds kind of biased unless you don't work for HP.

I've been hearing good thing about Razer latest mice Imperator

Most of the new mice from Razer are ergo mouses (save for the Abyssus). for right handed people.

I myself have a Razer Mamba which has the same shape as the Imperator sans the moveable thumb buttons. I like the Mamba/imperator design just from a comfort standpoint. Of course the high DPI settings (and i use mine at the 5600dpi) makes for easy tracking at 1900x1200 gaming.

Since I don't like wireless crap with batteries I stick with the MX518. Been using the MX518 for years. On my second one actually. When it breaks I'll be getting another.

Since I don't like wireless crap with batteries I stick with the MX518. Been using the MX518 for years. On my second one actually. When it breaks I'll be getting another.

This. I'm still on my first which i bought a few years ago,still works perfectly.

The Sidewinder X5 has some nice features but it does take take getting used to the feel. Very responsive and a slick little LCD readout for DPI.

The Logitech G5 is one of the more comfortable mice out there IMHO.

i too am on my third mx518. none of my previous ones have broken or anything. its just i hate how the rubbery coating on the mouse starts to peel off and get all gross.

since i'm not gaming so much anymore i ordered this mouse
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19211

i know its a downgrade from 1800dpi to 1600dpi. but its only $12 shipped so i figured i'd give it a try.

wireless does suck!

but I use my Mamba wired for the most part, especially if gaming... ocassionally wireless when just putzing around (usrfing, movies, etc) ;) yes, it is dual mode.

Best of BOTH worlds ;)

The sidewinder is horrible. That is by far the worst mouse I ever bought. First of all it's huge, the side buttons are to far forward and it's a laser mouse. Ive been using the Deathadder for over a year, love it. But I used the G5 for several years before that. So I thought I'd try the G500. Sucks ass. It's going back and I'm getting the Deathadder 3G. I don't know what it is, but laser mice just seem to track weird on games for me. It's hard to explain.

Not wired it isnt. No. ^

are you seriouosly lacking reading comprehension? Perhaps you did not understand what I wrote.

when gaming it is wired. best of no lagginess.
When putzing around, wireless, Best for my own comfort as now, no wires to keep me in a single place

there for, Best of both worlds.

and I was doing some Q3live playing with wireless just beacuse I was curious, I did not see or feel ANY difference between the wired or wireless mode. And I usually play insta-gib.

so care to try ONE more time?

Just thought id tell you that with the mamba you get the same performance from wireless that you do wired. If you can see a difference, theres something wrong with ya :rolleyes: Polling rate is the same wired and wireless which is what matters most.

wireless does suck!

but I use my Mamba wired for the most part, especially if gaming... ocassionally wireless when just putzing around (usrfing, movies, etc) ;) yes, it is dual mode.

Best of BOTH worlds ;)

Just thought id tell you that with the mamba you get the same performance from wireless that you do wired. If you can see a difference, theres something wrong with ya :rolleyes: Polling rate is the same wired and wireless which is what matters most.

If there was any "lag", the polling rate would not affect the issue as it is not a "update" issue.

The issue would be attributable to the conversion from electrical > wireless (regardless of what type) > electrical. This is what plagued most wireless mice before.

Not so any more.

Back