• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gaming monitors around $300?

former3g

n00b
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
19
I am looking to replace my trust old Samsung 226BW to take advantage of my setup.

I am looking to upgrade to a mid-range monitor that will work well with gaming. I would love to go IPS, but there does not seem to be many options with the 1 to 2 ms response times, so a good quality TN will be acceptable. I am looking for your thoughts. I am okay with either 24” or 27”. I would much prefer the 27” monitor or a 16:10 ratio 24”. I also prefer a matte display.

I have been looking at the ASUS VS278Q-P (or similar): http://www.asus.com/us/Monitors_Projectors/VS278QP/

The reason for the budget is that this is going to be a gift to me from the wife, so I need to keep it reasonable ;)

My current setup is a custom built i7-3770K, ASUS P8Z77-V Pro, 2x Nvidia 660Ti SC 2 GB in SLI, 16GB Corsair Venegeance 1866, 850 watt Corsair 80+ power supply, Windows 7 Pro.

My secondary question, will I be able to run my older monitor with its DVI-D input if the new monitor is hooked up via HDMI?

Thanks!
 
ASUS VG248QE is highly reviewed and great ratings in all departments, Samsung has a similar quality one but is far more $. There really is not that many more that can match this level for this price, and there is a lightscribe "mod" that works with this.
 
ASUS VG248QE is highly reviewed and great ratings in all departments, Samsung has a similar quality one but is far more $. There really is not that many more that can match this level for this price, and there is a lightscribe "mod" that works with this.

Thanks. I will look into that monitor. It was high on my priority list for the 24" displays.
 
BenQ XL2420T is another color out of box isn't the greatest apparently but with some fine tuning is quite nice, and matte black finish helps, this was before the Asus monitor mentioned, another BenQ RL2450HT, and XL2720T

AOC G2460PQU is another apparently "full" LED, Philips Brilliance 242G5DJEB, Asus VH238H and the better VX238H are also very high on the list of quality and speed.

So many monitors to choose from depending on what important, color, speed, input lag etc :)
 
Thanks all. One of my biggest items is input lag. I would prefer it be <2ms since thats what I have been dealing with on my old 226BW. I measured my desk for a 27" monitor and damn they are huge! I think I should be able to tolerate a 24" at 16:9 and just get used to it. I would prefer the extra depth at the 24" setting (16:10), however there does not seem to be anything reasonable with the input lag requirement and price range.

Does anyone know with my SLI setup if I can go HDMI or DP with one monitor and DVI on a secondary?
 
yes on the monitors. I do this on mine primary is via DIV to HDMI cord secondary via DVI.

The asus one I first mentioned has one of the lowest input lags in the industry, also all the ones I linked in second post are ultra low latency/lag, to better then average.

as for low cost
http://www.amazon.com/Viewsonic-VX2...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B004LXK8LI

http://www.amazon.com/VE248H-24-Inc...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0043T7FHK

http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VS229H-P...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B005S0XYKK
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top