Gaming Machine Intel/Amd

ExtremeFragFest

Limp Gawd
I'm getting kinda puzzled.. Ive talked to a few people and they are saying two things.. First i wanted to make a A64 rig.. but 1 of my friends told me NOT to.. because in the end it will not be as good.. because the Chip will run as the speed it's sposed to but its going to be in a 32bit operation mode.. insted of 64bit

Can someone help me design a Gaming Comp for around $600-$800

I have some stuff i can use in this macine

2x 256 Geil Pc3200 DDR Ram
2x 40gig Hard Drive's ( I might want to try SATA If you can price those in )
52x Cd-Rw Lite-On

If your an AMD Fan Custom a AMD machine

If your an INTEL Fan Custom a Intel Machine

just so i can see both kinds of machines... and Kind of compair them?

Thanks for your time

EDIT: I also Plan to WaterCool/Overclock This machine

ExtremeFragFest said:
I'm getting kinda puzzled.. Ive talked to a few people and they are saying two things.. First i wanted to make a A64 rig.. but 1 of my friends told me NOT to.. because in the end it will not be as good.. because the Chip will run as the speed it's sposed to but its going to be in a 32bit operation mode.. insted of 64bit

From what i have heard about the A64, It does not lose ANY performance while running 32bit compared to 64bit, so it wouldn't make any difference. Your friend, is wrong :p.

Might want to go with 1GB of RAM in a gaming machine, and maybe another harddrive, like an 80GB.

But for a true gaming machine, your budget is to low, seeing as what you are wanting.

A couple hundred more... Around $1000.

That way you can buy a (fairly)nice video card, proc, and everything else, without cutting short on one item.

ExtremeFragFest said:

your friend is an idiot.. if your gonna build a gaming rig definitely go with an AMD setup.. their cpu's win pretty much every gaming benchmark i've seen (unless u still play quake 3).. i'm not sure what is gonna be your best value though with that budget.. and i dont have time at the moment to try to piece together a system.. but go AMD

Back