Gaming LCD

Hello, everyone.

I'm looking for a 20"-22" LCD which will be used for gaming, and that's pretty much all it will be used for. So, due to the faster response rate, i assume that a TN panel would be the best option, right? I'm interested in the Samsung 226BW and the LG L226WT; however i'm dubious about getting the Samsung due to the lottery on "A" and "S" panels. The Dell 2007WFP also catches my eye, but will i see much difference between the Dell and Samsung while gaming? Are the colours much more vibrant on the 2007WFP than on the 226BW?

Basically, i'd like to hear what people think is the best 20" or 22" LCD monitor for gaming.

Thanks in advance.

So, due to the faster response rate, i assume that a TN panel would be the best option, right?

S-IPS are just as fast, and other panel types are not far behind. That advantage of TN has been largely eliminated. The only advantage TN has now, is price.

I would go with the 20WMGX2, unless your not wanting to spend that much.

That is thing is really expensive in the UK; we're talking £550, about $900. Thank you for the suggestions, nevertheless.

The price of TN panels is what's attracting me to them most, i have to say. It's a pitty there are no 22" S-IPS in the gaming market. Is there any difference in picture quality between the Dell 2007WFP and the Samsung 226BW, because i don't know whether the Samsung looks dull compared with the Dell.

best between the size 20" - 22" would be LG215tw
its the only lcd that can do 4:3 ratio without scretching with its Gaming Mode.

Anyone in the US even get an AOC panel?

IIRC, the site that posted the pics for the 226bw AOC panels were from Asia.

Thanks.

im currently looking for a 22" here as well.
Dell's 228wfp or Samsung 226bw. due to their price ^^ the more i read about these LCDs the more im backing up.
just read someone who bought a 226bw S panel (lucky!) but it has 6 dead pixels. :/

The Samsung 226BW definitely seems like a prime contender, but i don't like the lottery. How is the Acer 22" AL2216WSD (by the way, is that one better than the Acer 22" AL2216W?) and the BenQ 22" FP222WA?

There's also the 22" Belinea LCD monitor, 22" Iiyama Prolite E2200WS-B1U Wide screen and 22" Asus MW221U1, how does everyone rate these?

The 22" Viewsonic VX2235WM also interests me; what's better about the VX2245WM, though? Is there any difference in the picture quality?

Thank you for your help, everyone! :D

Back