Gaming laptop.

Rebeldawg

Limp Gawd
Could someone suggest a decent gaming laptop in the price range of $900-$1200?
I'll mostly be gaming on it while I'm away from home and use it for light web surfing.

I think I might wait for new laptops to come out with the core i7 processor as
I read a review on a laptop that's being made using core i7 processors for laptops
and it seemed like it was really worth waiting for.

That Asus only has onboard graphics, no? Interesting post, just seen a Gateway on NewEgg with 1GB vid memory.. For $1000 (on deals of the day)

*edit* found the GFX on the Asus, why does it have a "Centrino" however?

Last edited:
Could someone suggest a decent gaming laptop in the price range of $900-$1200?
I'll mostly be gaming on it while I'm away from home and use it for light web surfing.
Don't waste your money buying Alienware. Youc an get comparable form other manufacturers. Check out Sager too.

Alienware may offer a quicker return warranty but they overprice alot of their computers and laptops,
i think your price range should focus on the getting the best graphics card at your price range and then pairing that up with an intel core 2 duo.

Going i7 is future proof and would definitely be great but your going to have to shelve out more money.

recommendation for Sager again. Current NP9262 owner. Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3.0GHz, 4GB of RAM, 3x 160GB drives, 8800M GTX SLI, BD-ROM optical, 1920x1200 res, expresscard, tv tuner, dvi, vga, svideo, component output, optical audio...the list goes on and on.

I can say that I bought the Asus listed above from BB just 9/16. It is amazing. I had a lan in honor of it saturday, it played every game damn well. I do not have one complaint about the laptop. I would recommend it to anyone. I dont think the centrino means anything plus I have seen others upgrade the processor in them anyways. You can overclock the stock proc to 2.5ghz is what I have now. Also you can overclock the gpu. Buy the asus and dont look back. Its cost me $1,059.** OTD. If you have any other questions or want pics just let me know.

I can say that I bought the Asus listed above from BB just 9/16. It is amazing. I had a lan in honor of it saturday, it played every game damn well. I do not have one complaint about the laptop. I would recommend it to anyone. I dont think the centrino means anything plus I have seen others upgrade the processor in them anyways. You can overclock the stock proc to 2.5ghz is what I have now. Also you can overclock the gpu. Buy the asus and dont look back. Its cost me $1,059.** OTD. If you have any other questions or want pics just let me know.

Wow, good review, looks good. Thanks for recommendation and response.

you know what,
your price ranges are a bit too tight for the other high powered mobile gaming markets,
you should just stick with the dual core gaming laptops,
grab something that comes with either
at least
128 SPS NVIDIA

or

600stream processors

and at least grab something with an HDMI output with blu ray.

please take LCD resolution into thinking, best if you do research first,
understand what the max resolution is.
I had issues with games wide screen lcd displays in dx8 and dx9 games, they look horrible due to the flat panel scaling,
lol

For the price, I think the Best Buy linked laptop is a good deal. I like the fact that it's a 15.6", not a 17", and the GTX260 (though not like a Desktop version) is near the top performers in the laptop segment.

The screen res is kinda low though, but that just means the GTX260 have more headroom. :) Again, you said it's primarily a gaming laptop. The low res may bother you when doing non-gaming stuff since you may have to scroll around a bit more.

I have a Gateway FX 7805u (got it from BB almost a year about for $1050). Great gaming laptop, I've never had any problems with it.

I've also heard Gateway is going to be coming out with some new gaming laptops soon for the holiday season. Check out notebookreview.com and look around their forums. Lots of people there who know there stuff.

Back