Gaming keyboard suggestions?

Tych-0

Gawd
I have a $80 credit that is going to expire at ncix in the next few days and the only thing I would like to upgrade at the moment is my keyboard. Next up would be the ROG swift and a Haswell e setup, but neither are available yet.

I'm mostly thinking of gaming, I'm a big BF series fan, but I do also do some light work on my PC. I want something with volume controls, and back lighting that isn't overly bright, or adjustable. I was thinking mechanical this time buy I haven't tried any yet, and don't have an easy option for doing so at the moment. My reading has me leaning towards red or brown switches. Ideally nothing that is very loud.

Cost isn't a major factor.

Thanks for any input.

The Corsair K70 would fit your requirements. Adjustable backlighting, available in reds or browns, volume scroll wheel.

I recently bought a Logitech G710+ and I absolutely love it! I thought I was a Cherry MX Blue fan for life but I have to admit I like these Browns better for gaming and typing. The build quality of this thing is very good as are the ergonomics (its the first keyboard that Ive actually used the wrist rest it came with). I really like the feature to control the backlight brightness of the WASD keys independently of the others. I play in a dimly lit room and when I take my hand off to scratch my balls or get a drink of beer, Im always fumbling around pressing the E key wondering why Im not moving. It has a volume roller and a mute button that I use a ton. I got it on sale at Best Buy for $110 and its usually around $120 on Amazon. I highly recommend it.

Hey guys, thanks for the input. I went with the Corsair K70 with cherry reds.

I'm a big fan of reds. They're quick and light so you may need to get used to that. Enjoy.

you can check if they have the new poseidon z. they retail alot cheaper now because they use kailh keys. if you dont mind the brand of keyswitches

I bought these orings from Amazon for my K70. They shorten the travel of the key and the noise is less audible (not that it's loud to begin with).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051XWXCE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

loving this keyboard btw, but I do find the travel a little excessive, and the sound a little clacky. Simply perfect for gaming, better than I expected even, but it's taking a bit of getting used to for typing.

I think I might try that, are they quite easy to install?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
loving this keyboard btw, but I do find the travel a little excessive, and the sound a little clacky. Simply perfect for gaming, better than I expected even, but it's taking a bit of getting used to for typing.

I think I might try that, are they quite easy to install?

Extremely easy... Pop off key, slide on oring, replace key. I believe I have extra if you want them...

Thank you, but I went ahead and ordered a set pretty much immediately after typing that!

yeah them o-rings are good.

my WASD V1 (mx browns) i got as a xmas present year before last had o-rings on it.. and I ordered those ones from amazon for my Rosewill RK900 (mx reds)

really cuts down on noise if you tend to bottom out a lot (I still do honestly)....maybe not at much as when i first went mechanical keyboard but still frequently.

I'll never go back to rubber dome keyboards voluntarily i don't think...

Back