• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gaming Hours

audio-

n00b
Joined
Nov 18, 2016
Messages
20
Which game have you played the most? As in, how many hours have you clocked up playing your favourite game?

I guess this shouldn't really include game re-playing, or should it?

Games like Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto, Skyrim, The Witcher and so on, these open world games appear to consume the most hours although, I guess puzzle games can also while away your time, such as Texas Hold-em or Teteris.

Anyway yeah, what's your record for time spent playing one game?
 
Diablo 2. It ruined my life for a while. Also, this thread comes up at least once a year if you want to find previous answers.
 
WoW, aside from about a year and a half total time (off and on) that i wasn't subscribed I've been playing since the closed beta of vanilla. WoW launched in 2004.

I used to spend WAY WAY to much time playing (like 8 plus hours at a time), lost jobs, almost ruined my marriage etc. . Now I raid for 3 hours twice a week on my weekends, and maybe an hour before I leave for work at 5PM (wife goes to work at 1PM)
 
My Steam list shows most hours spent in Skyrim - 84+ hours.
My PS4 shows most time spent in Destiny - 220+ hours.
Also Witcher 3 shows about 160+ hours on PS4.
Divinity Original Sin shows about 80+ hours.
Finally, Dragon Age Inquisition has me at 76+ hours.

Funnily enough I ended up spending a lot more time recently (past 2 years) on PS4 than on PC.
 
I think World of Warcraft. That game took a lot of my time between 2007 - 2016 (although I did make quite a few longer breaks).
Next one is probably Lineage 2. Now that game stole my university degree and ran away with it, leaving me without.
Lately not many games can catch my attention, but I did spend at least 700h playing Arma 2: DayZ mod.
 
Diablo 2. It ruined my life for a while. Also, this thread comes up at least once a year if you want to find previous answers.
Same here. I played D2 on dial-up. My folks were pissed. They couldn't get calls to the house for weeks at a time. :D

I have something like 3 1/2 years tied up on just one World of Warcraft character.

In one sitting, my total times are:

3. 66h World of Warcraft
2. 73h Diablo 2
1. 78h Lineage ][
 
In order:
Minecraft - who knows how many hours there
Team Fortress 2 - again, loads of hours, played a ton before steam started tracking playtime. (shows 43 hours)
Skyrim - 53 hours on on the special edition alone so far, that doesn't include the playthrough of the original.
Space Engineers: 73 hours before I sort of gave up for a while until it was more complete and out of early access
Fallout 4 - 60 hours.

Star Trek online - played the hell out of that for a few months after it came out before I ran straight into a must be in a guild wall...

Final Fantasy 7 - who knows how long but that one was a MAJOR time sink way back when it first came out.

edit: GTA: San Andreas, multiple playthroughs (PS2, PS2 emulator, PC), much mucking about.

That's not including a bunch of other games I played that weren't on steam, of which I forget what they are.
 
I've probably put at least 5,000 hours into Street Fighter 2 (mainly the original), Mario Kart 64, and Tekken 3. Maybe more considering those were played daily for years on end when I was in HS and college.

In recent years I've put the most time into Resident Evil 4, GTA: San Andreas, GTA4, Ninja Gaiden, Dark Souls, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Witcher 3, Dragon Age 3, and Oblivion. Kingdoms of Amalur is another one I put a surprising amount of time into. That game was HUGE.
 
I had about 2,000 hours into Final Fantasy XI.

I believe I'm around 1,500 hours with the Mass Effect Series on Xbox 360 (400 in ME, 300-400 in ME2, close to 600 in ME3).

Team Fortress 2 has around 800-900 hours (though my Steam profile doesn't show this...).

Modern Warfare 2 and Titan Quest both have around 500 hours. MW2 on console adds around another 200-300 hours. I think I have around 200 hours into Dark Souls on PC, with another 100 hours between the PS3 and 360 versions.

I barely played Skyrim when originally released, but I've already put in over 200 hours combined with the SE.
 
I've got 622 into Skyrim (and haven't completed play through once)
585 on ARK.

I've probably played more on all the MMOs: UO, EQ, DaoC, WoW, The Secret World, but I've got no way to track that.
 
CounterStrike Source, I have well over 1,000 hours into that game, but I haven't really played it in years.
Diablo 3 is probably the second.

EDIT: I just checked, I have over 1,300 hours in Diablo 3, so that is the highest.

BF4 : 432 hours
BF3 : 11 hours (not sure why I didn't play this more)
BF Hardline : 176 hours
Overwatch : 172 hours
Black Ops : 232 hours
Black Ops 2 : 296 hours
COD MW3 :222 hours
COD Ghosts : 71 hours
 
Last edited:
CounterStrike Source, I have well over 1,000 hours into that game, but I haven't really played it in years.
Diablo 3 is probably the second.

EDIT: I just checked, I have over 1,300 hours in Diablo 3, so that is the highest.

BF4 : 432 hours
BF3 : 11 hours (not sure why I didn't play this more)
BF Hardline : 176 hours
Overwatch : 172 hours
Black Ops : 232 hours
Black Ops 2 : 296 hours
COD MW3 :222 hours
COD Ghosts : 71 hours
Forgot about CS. I have thousands of hours between 1.5, 1.6 and Source. No way I am going to be able to remember exactly how much. I will say I quit playing CS the minute they added the minimap to the game and haven't touched it since. I did try GO briefly when it first came out, but I figured I might as well just play Call of Duty instead of playing Call of Duty-lite.
 
Everquest.

Especially if my two and three box days count x2 and x3.

Selling KEI crack on my enchanter while two boxing a couple characters was quite fun.
 
I think Street Fighter V has taken the cake for me. I'm at about 430 hours and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. May not be a cup of tea for some, but for me it is. I like the fact that the ceiling is pretty high in regards to ability. I still feel like I could get much much better.

I've been into the Street Fighter series since SF2, and sure there may have been better ones. However, I'm at a time in life now where I can put in the time. For instance, when SF4 came out, I was in the process of getting married and buying a house so I only got to skim the surface really with that game.
 
Since the Atari 2600:

Play sports/workout 10 hours a week

Work 50-70 hrs. depending on what I feel like.

Date/social 8-10 hours. Includes TV/Movie time.

Gaming=Rest of my time. WoW, ARK, and all FPS.
 
Everquest 2 has most of my time in the past, played fairly regularly since just after launch, until about a yr ago.. usually was 3-5 hrs per nite, 7 days a week.
 
Sins Of A Solar Empire - 1301 hours over 6 years. It is the game I play when I don't want to think too hard :).

Borderlands 2 - 654 hours since 2013.

and a ton of games between 50-150 hours.
 
I think I have more than 3000 hours put into Team Fortress 2 and probably thousands into CSS and CSGO combined. I'll have to check.
 
Recently, the most hours I have in a current game is last year's Mad Max. I spent about 75 hours before completing it.

After that would be about the same amount of time on the original Borderlands.
 
Well I stop playing Tribes Ascend last year. But I had over 2800 hours in that game. Before that I played Halo and rack up 1900 hours in that game years ago.
 
I think Street Fighter V has taken the cake for me. I'm at about 430 hours and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. May not be a cup of tea for some, but for me it is. I like the fact that the ceiling is pretty high in regards to ability. I still feel like I could get much much better.

I've been into the Street Fighter series since SF2, and sure there may have been better ones. However, I'm at a time in life now where I can put in the time. For instance, when SF4 came out, I was in the process of getting married and buying a house so I only got to skim the surface really with that game.

Oddly, SF5 is probably the one where I feel I hit my ceiling the quickest. The fact that I play Zangief probably doesn't help, though. At this point, I don't know if I could actually get a whole lot better (there's almost nothing the pros are doing much better) beyond simply executing with fewer errors. In SF4 I always felt overwhelmed when I'd see players like Snake and Itazan, but in 5 I actually think I do some things better than when I've seen the pros do...which is odd.
 
17 years of Quake 3. During at least 10 of those I played a lot. A LOT. MANY THOUSANDS OF TIME UNITS LOST. No regrets, though. It made me the man I am today

fhd997SPT_Robert_David_Hall_001.jpg
 
Back
Top