Gaming heaphones

87dtna

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, I dropped my headphones and broke one or 2 of the speakers in the right side of my Cooler Master Storm sirus headphones. Kinda bummed out because I've loved these headphones for over 6 years now. Being that I haven't bought some for so long, I have no idea whats good these days so I'm looking for recommendations.

So, I'm looking for some recommendations on a $150 budget.

First and foremost, they MUST be circumaural, I tried another set once that was round and absolutely hated them. More than 20 minutes of gaming and my ears were killing me.
Secondly, would prefer 7.1 surround but with that said these storm sirus's are 5.1 and they have been fantastic for gaming to me. I'm a huge sound whore in FPS games, so some kind of surround would definitely be a must.
Lastly, must have inline volume control!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Those look pretty decent for the money. Yeah I don't have any problem with wired headsets, I don't need to keep my headphones on to go take a leak lol. In fact I would prefer wired so I don't have to ever replace batteries.

I love wireless as I won't need to worry about forgetting about wearing a headset - which only happened when I wore Sennheiser 800 S for a long time. But otherwise, I would keep forgetting to charge the headphones and nice 'docks' tend to not always work in the real world for me.

OK so I've heard that my onboard sound is plenty good for headphones, so I've lifted the USB only must have. I've also increased my budget to 150. Anyone else have recommendations?

I ended up going with the HyperX cloud revolver S for $126 off amazon. They should be here tomorrow.

Back