Gaming Headsets - What are you using?

I'm trying to get some feedback before I spend $25, $60, or $150+ on a headset. Right now I'm playing a lot of Resident Evil, Call of Duty, and NCAA Football on my Xbox 360 and I'm using a cheap $2 headset from ebay. It works, its clear, but I feel like I can get a better experience and now that two of my brothers are moving away for work/school, we plan on spending a lot more time on this thing. I want AWESOME sound with no issues as far as delays or cutting out of the mic. Comfort is a plus too as this $2 headset is definitely lacking in that department (obviously it would be).

So what are YOU guys using, what do you recommend, what games are you playing, and any other thoughts/comments/questions are appreciated.

I use the Astro A40's. They are comfortable compared to what I used to use (I have glasses). The sound is great and the mix amp that comes with it works well. You can adjust volumes of voice and game on the fly. I play Cod Ghosts and other games on my ps4,ps3,xbox one,xb360

I'm currently using a half dead old Logitech headset (you get those for $13 now, was about $50 when I bought them), although I'm going to buy a G35 7.1 surround set this week, my friend has a set, and said they are awesome, he originally bought a Razor 7.1 surround, he promptly took those back when it required a login to use the surround sound feature.

I am using a Steelseries Siberia V2 headset. With an adapter, it works with my PC, and my PS4 pretty flawlessly, the sound is not perfect, but clear and deep enough for my needs.

I am using the
Creative Fatal1ty Professional Series Gaming Headset Mk II

Picked up an open box on Ebay for $30.

They are very comfortable, produce very good sound, and the mic is really good as well.

Are you able to use 1/8" jacks on consoles or are you limited to USB only?

I'm currently using a half dead old Logitech headset (you get those for $13 now, was about $50 when I bought them), although I'm going to buy a G35 7.1 surround set this week, my friend has a set, and said they are awesome, he originally bought a Razor 7.1 surround, he promptly took those back when it required a login to use the surround sound feature.

Your friend probably doesn't understand Razer's system.

Razer devices require Synapse 2.0 for drivers and firmware updates. With Razer you want to register all your gear through them (which you should be doing for warranty issues anyways), you'll use that for Synapse. Once in Synapse you can tweak it to your hearts content and you NEVER have to use Synapse again.

It's not all that much of a hassle and it's one of the most painless firmware updates out there. As a driver, functionality, and firmware management suite it's not all that bad. Plus it's nice that you can just log into it on any other PC and pull all your settings back down.

Now, Razer has Razer Surround (after market surround), Razer Comms, and Razer Game Booster that also require a login (or just your Synapse login) to use... but none of their stuff requires any of this, it's just after market programs that you may want or may not care for.

Furthermore there's nothing stopping you from using the Windows drivers for anything or pushing stuff through your soundcard.

It's a different system, but their actual hardware only requires one login EVER (if that), and then you are done with it. And no logins if you are just plugging it in.

For console games that I want a headset for, I've been using the Astro A40s. Decent sound, mic works well enough, I like the mixamp too, it's a nice bonus in my opinion. I find them quite comfortable and they feel pretty solid to me as well.

Had the a50 for my PS4. Greatly disappointed with them and I returned them. My buddy likes his a40 though. My main gripe with them is the static, losing connection even though i was 8 feet away, and battery light never switched to fully charged. Others loved them, I just did not, maybe I just had a defective one, but I was already over them, especially for the price.

I'm in the same boat as you. Looking for something I can use with the Xbox one without having to solder a adapter to use them. I'll probably be waiting till March when they all come out and I can read reviews on them

I recently picked up a set of refurbished turtle beach PX5s for 100 bucks. I have to use the chat cable for my ps4 but it doesn't bother me. I went with the px5s because they take AA batteries and I have a ton of Eneloops. Screw non changeable batteries.

They have good sound and are comfortable. The blue tooth feature that allows me to answer my phone while playing and play music as well is cool.

I use a Tritton AX Pro. The positional is great and it sounds great on my 360 and PC. It's a bit of a mess with the cables though.

Back