Gaming Headset?

antiv6

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 11, 2007
Messages
297
I need a new headset for my next rig, and only want to spend ~$150. They are going to be plugged into an Audigy 2 ZS Gamer, and maybe an X-Fi later-on.

I was looking into a set of SteelSeries 5H V2 or Razer HP-1 Barracudas.
 
I had a bad experience with the Barracuda. Mainly, a COMPLETE lack of bass. I could make it output bass but I'd have to mess with my sound settings and at that point, the sound was all unbalanced. I think it was likely an audio issue (I'm using on board audio) so it might have sounded a lot better with a real audio card.

Been thinking about the SteelSeries. Don't have to worry about an audio card with that thing because it's USB. Also considering a pair of Sennheisers + Zalman Clip on mic
 
i've always been a fan of seperate mic + headphone combo myself... that way you worry about buying a decent set of cans for gaming (sp or mp, and possibly music/movies) then for when you need to chat, you buy a mic that suits your needs, possibly usb based.

i use an old mic headset but instead of placing it on my head, i wear it around my neck so its still close to my mouth and hands free, and still allows me to use my headphones
 
Get an X-Fi and some Senn 555 with a zalman clip on mike and ENJOY REAL SOUND! lol
 
I had some SteelSound 5H v1's and I ripped my cord (accidently of course).. Well I was rather upset at the thought of spending another $100 dollars on a set of new headphones. So, I emailed the company and they happily accepted my RMA'd v1 headphones. I spent less than $10 dollars to ship them to SteelSound and about 2 weeks later, I received my new SteelSound 5H v2 headphones.. They upgraded me to the v2 for no additional cost. Great customer service.
 
I had a bad experience with the Barracuda. Mainly, a COMPLETE lack of bass. I could make it output bass but I'd have to mess with my sound settings and at that point, the sound was all unbalanced. I think it was likely an audio issue (I'm using on board audio) so it might have sounded a lot better with a real audio card.

Been thinking about the SteelSeries. Don't have to worry about an audio card with that thing because it's USB. Also considering a pair of Sennheisers + Zalman Clip on mic

they dont have rear bass, but they have bass every where esle. thats one of the cons with them. if you didnt have bass at all then they have to be a mess up pair. Because mine have bass in al front center sub. but not the rear.
 
I absolutly second the DT770's. If you are running un-amp'd, please go with the 80ohm varient vs. 250/360ohm.
 
Back
Top