gaming headset + cellphone.

Shadowcrit

n00b
Hello post readers,

im looking for a headset that has great quality for gaming and music, and can work with my cell phone (galaxy S4). I dont care for audio quality for the cell phone sine I would just use it for audio books. My budget is $200 usd but if something really good comes up I can pay more.

Thanks for reading!

Try this Creative Soundblaster EVO Zx. Uses Bluetooth(wired also via usb or analoge) can connect to PC and S4 no problem. I have one but only just started using it. A lot of rave reviews about it but will need sometime to assess. So far it does sound very good, has built in mic 2, but as with all creative stuff time will tell

http://online.egl.tv/newspost.php?id=950 high praise indeed....

In fact a bit too much praise. It's obvious the reviewer wasn't experienced in quality hifi headphones.

Bluetooth wireless sounds interesting though. Analog wireless solutions are usually horrible due to hissing etc. but a fully digital path can work. I guess Creative will install their own bluetooth driver? Last I checked Windows had a gimped bluetooth audio - or better said no bluetooth audio with the default BT stack.

The blue tooth on my win8 rig works perfectly. Just used a BT 4.0 dongle no issue, works as advertised. Thought it was cheap of creative to NOT include a BT dongle in the box. Yep I use the digital path. If I wanna get serious I use my Audio Techinica A900X's connected to a creative ZX sound card...... Just like the wireless freedom 4 everyday stuff..

Agree review was too gushing lol

allygash, That headset is what I am looking for only I want a microphone on it. I know is says that it can take voice commands, but I don't think my voice quality will be decent with that.

spaceman Thanks for the recommendation, but I can't do ear buds for gaming. Just not comfortable.

The reason I want to be able to use it with my phone is because I have an hour commute to work. I carpool so I don't drive. I would like to use that time to learn stuff by listening to audio books.

I would appreciate more recommendations. I am looking around my self too, so if I find some, I'll post here.

Thanks!

Shadow, the voice quality after you setup the voice beaming mic software is excellent. U can easily use the mic 4 the S4, i use it with zero problems on my S4. The only caveat is if u use the mic in a very loud room, then u have to be careful how u set it up otherwise it picks up all the back ground noise. So LAN parties maybe an issue, but it can be tuned for diff environments. The crystal voice mic is one of their big selling points apparently so its not an after thought. The HS is ment mainly for portable equipment like phones n ipads. Go have a look at their microsite or the youtube videos they made. Good luck

PS when i've spent more time with it ill give u some more feedback, suffice to say sound quality so far buries my old logitech g930 and corsair 2000 wireless headsets. Yet it doesnt have the sound stage of either my Audio Techinca A900X's or Senn HD598's..... To give u an idea

allygash, Yea I was looking at the microsite. Now that I know that information, I am going to purchase these. Thank you for the recommendation!

On a side note, when it's hook up via USB, can you still get bluetooth audio at the same time? Would be cool to answer a cell phone call and not have to take off the headset :p

Just make sure you turn dwn the bass in the SB panel settings......
Yes u can. The headset can be used whilst charging via the usb. when i plug n unplug the usb the headphones sound is uninterrupted. Ill go n check tonight with your exact situation, i use them on my pc so ill just hook up my S4 n see....

Back